Circle is building the world’s leading all-in-one platform for online communities. We make it possible for creators, coaches, educators, and businesses to bring together their audience with engaging discussions, live streams, events, chat, courses, and payments — all in one place, all under their own brand.
We’re proud to be a fully remote company of around 120 (and growing!) team members from 30+ countries around the world. We strive to find exceptional talent, empower them to do their best work, and in turn, have a meaningful impact in their own lives. We don’t track hours, but we manage for outcomes in an a-synchronous culture.
Twice a year, we bring the whole company together for incredible company retreats in beautiful places around the world!
About the role
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to build our audience, increase our reach, and tell our story. In this role you will be responsible for developing and executing our social media strategy, to connect with community builders and accelerate our brand awareness.
The ideal candidate is creative, is fiercely organized, has a high attention to detail, is a strong story-teller, and enjoys a highly collaborative team environment. You are a key member of the marketing team and are driven by the team’s greater success.
You must be able to work effectively in a high autonomy and high ownership environment. You are a natural critical thinker, and thrive in an action-biased, collaborative, results-driven environment.
Our marketing team has core working hours daily (M-F) of 10:00am-2:00pm Eastern time. We have a strong preference for candidates in North or South America to meet these hours.
What you’ll be doing
- In this role you’ll be responsible for end to end ownership of launching, building and growing our social channels. This includes:
- Collaborate with members across the organization to define a social media strategy and plan that is and aligned with our goals, resonates with our audience, fuels our growth, and reflects our brand.
- Create and curate high-quality, engaging content for various social media platforms that tells our story, including but not limited to YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This includes repurposing existing assets, such as community content and product releases, as well as creating social-first content, such as social campaigns.
- Foster a vibrant audience by actively engaging, responding to comments and messages, and encouraging discussions around our products and industry.
- Be able to understand and adapt your strategy based on impact by regularly analyzing and reporting on performance metrics, such as reach, engagement, audience growth, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with community trends and best practices. You are our eyes and ears of what’s coming, and can share your learnings so we can leverage them across the marketing team.
- Maintain a social content calendar to ensure a consistent posting schedule and timely response to industry events and trends.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Strong alignment with our values. Find our values on our career page if you haven’t read up on them yet.
- You are proficient in English (spoken, written, and reading) at a CEFR Level C2 / ILR Level 5.
- You’re a social expert. You have 4+ years in end-to-end ownership of social channels… and you love it. You ‘get’ social, are naturally up to date with best practices, can flawlessly understand why you would build your audience differently on LinkedIn vs. Instagram, know what ‘high quality’ social content looks like, authentically understand why consistency matters, and are excited by all of the above.
- You are a builder. You’ve built out a channel and an audience from scratch before —and you can’t wait to do it again. Building excites you. You thrive when you are building from the ground floor up, and being able to take it to the next level.
- Your creativity is your superpower. Boring content gets lost on social. You get this. Which is why your work stands out. You seek to communicate creatively so that your message resonates, and that you’re naturally driving engagement.
- You are a storyteller. You know how to weave a story across multiple pieces of content and social channels vs. standalone one and done messages. You like to communicate the bigger picture, and can flawlessly weave these narratives into your social content calendar.
- You’re innovative. You like to dabble and test in new channels and mediums. You read up on trends and can come up with new ideas, while being keenly dialed in to our market and ICP.
- You appreciate collaboration. You enjoy taking input and feedback from stakeholders, and approach your work with an authentically collaborative mindset. Communication is one of your top strengths.
- You are passionate about community building and/or the creator ecosystem. Authenticity is core to who we are. As the mouthpiece directly to community builders, having an authentic perspective and experience here is critical. We want you to be able to naturally speak from a place of empathy, so experience in the space is critical to this role.
$75,000 - $90,000 a year
Cash compensation is a starting point, and we want all of our team members to be able to grow in their roles. In addition to equity, benefits and perks, our cash compensation is subject to an annual review and increase on a once per year basis on the hire date anniversary.
The fun stuff
Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
Paid time away: all employees are given 35 days of PTO annually.
Generous U.S. benchmarked compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family, or medical reimbursement options where applicable!*
Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
Learning & development stipend to help you level up your professional skills.
Annual bonus potential for roles that don’t already receive variable income or commission.
Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia, Portugal, and Mexico, with more planned on the horizon.
Check out our Careers page for more.