Olo is a leading SaaS platform spurring digital transformation in the restaurant industry, by helping customers deliver more profitable and personalized guest experiences. As a result, our digital ordering, payment, and guest engagement solutions allow brands to do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular.
As the Social Media & Communications Manager, you’ll lead Olo’s internal and external engagement strategies. This role will spearhead Olo’s organic social media strategy. You’ll curate engaging content and lead the content calendar for business growth and employer branding on LinkedIn, X, and Instagram. You’ll also collaborate closely with the People + Culture team to spotlight Olo’s efforts in ESG, DEI, and employee engagement, fostering our vibrant culture among employees and followers. This role will also support broader internal communication initiatives, such as all-team meetings and company-wide announcements, taking on the accompanying project management.
The Communications Manager will report to the Director of Corporate Communications & Brand Marketing, and support stakeholder groups throughout the organization with heavy collaboration across GTM (Marketing, Sales, Customer) and People + Culture. A successful candidate will be able to balance cross-functional requests to build the most optimal content calendars for social media and internal communications.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You’ll Do
- Craft Social Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive social strategy across key platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc.).
- Create Compelling Content: Produce impactful content that boosts brand equity, resonates with consumers, and aligns with cultural trends.
- Nurture Community: Lead social community engagement strategies to enhance brand interaction and sentiment.
- Champion Social Media: Foster enthusiasm for social media adoption across the organization, staying updated on emerging trends.
- Culture Advocate: Act as the primary contact for the People + Culture team, promoting our employer brand both internally and externally.
- Promote Positive Impact: Collaborate with People + Culture leadership to communicate Olo’s efforts in ESG and DEI. Participate on the Olo For Good committee in support of Olo’s Pledge 1% initiative.
- Support Internal Communications: Assist the Director of Corporate Communications with project management of large-scale internal communication initiatives
What We’ll Expect From You
- 5+ Years Experience: Proven track record in social media management. Experience in internal communications is a plus.
- Strategic Vision: History of crafting successful social strategies and driving results, including community management and content strategy.
- Internal Communications Inclination: Interest in ESG, DEI, employee engagement, and team meetings.
- Strong Presentation Skills: Proficient in creating decks and leading meetings.
- Copywriting & Design: Comfortable with light copywriting and design tasks.
- Project Management: Ability to manage external partners and tools for maintaining communications calendars.
- Creative Leadership: Ability to guide creative and content teams toward innovative ideas.
- Attention to Detail: Balancing high-level thinking with meticulous execution.
- Innovation Focus: Demonstrated propensity for experimentation and innovation.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo’s platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you’re in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo’s headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $95k - $115k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.