Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
As a Site Reliability Engineering Manager, you will manage all production assets for each product. Your responsibilities would include: batching, upgrading, deploying new servers, organizing the team's workload, supporting engineering efforts, compliance, uptime, and performance monitoring. You’ll be responsible for prioritizing, organizing, and leading your team in the execution of all work. You will assess operational capabilities and performance to ensure the on-time delivery of quality products and services to all customers, both internal and external.
The Site Reliability Engineering Manager reports to the Vice President, Enterprise Architecture.
As a leader, you will:
- Set and help the team understand performance targets and goals
- Evaluate and provide real-time feedback on performance
- Train and/or ensure that the team is properly trained for their specific roles
- Coordinate on-call rotation
- Assist in resolving emergencies, such as infrastructure or software outages
- Manage headcount and make staffing decisions related to new hires and terminations
You will also:
- Oversee progress in achieving operational/production goals and objectives, especially with respect to quality, cost, and customer service.
- Take responsibility for uptime, data accuracy, and integrity.
- Interact with Engineering Leads to assure alignment between teams
- Maintain business continuity for all production assets
- Ensure proper planning and prioritization using agile practices.
- Ensure operations are in full compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Be a technical escalation point for your team.
- Provide weekly reports on system availability, response, and capacity.
- Manage on-call rotation among team members.
- Travel < 5%
- Take on some budget responsibilities, including ensuring fiscal responsibility for Hosting and Software licensing.
- Bachelor’s degree - technical discipline preferred; OR equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing globally distributed team members
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a site reliability engineering capacity
- Solid foundation in the following technologies:
- Web Servers (NGiNX / PHP / Traefik / F5)
- Virtualization Technologies (VMWare)
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Containerization Systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Dynos)
- Caching technology (Redis / rabbitmq )
- Strong security mindset and experience implementing security controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
Bonus Points for:
- Bachelor’s degree - technical discipline preferred
- 4+ years of technical lead experience
- 4 to 5 years of experience in a site reliability engineering capacity
- Strong observability experience with Monitoring Technologies, creating custom checks, and managing alert profiles and escalation policies. (OpenTelemetry, Instana, LogicMonitor, PagerDuty, OpsGenie)
- Experience with Tooling (GitLab CI, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Scripting experience with the following languages: Ruby, Python, Bash
- Experience with SOC, PCI, GDPR standards and regulations
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Atlassian Suite, etc.)
- Experience developing or supporting Java, php, or node applications
- Experience automating repetitive tasks
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. These perks are only for our full time team members. Some of our favorites include:
🏝 Flexible paid time off
⚕️ Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
💪 Monthly fitness reimbursement
🤑 401(k) matching
🍼 New-Parent Paid Leave
🏖 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
👖 Casual work environments
🏡 Remote work