Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
We are looking for an SEO Manager to join our SEO team within Search. The Yahoo SEO team is like its own agency within the company. We collaborate with engineering, design, and editorial teams to create optimized experiences that grow our audiences. Being on this team means sharing and learning ideas, experiences, and tactics that work to further our goals. With a depth of experience unmatched by any other in-house SEO team, we provide opportunities for relative newcomers and industry vets alike to hone their skills and develop new avenues of audience growth.
In this role, you will focus on driving growth initiatives across our portfolio of brands and apps. You will build and execute SEO strategies across multiple brands and sub-brands, implement best practices, and teach a range of teams throughout the organization. One week you might be providing technical guidance to product and engineering teams working on a new feature, the next you might be laying out a content strategy for a news editorial team, and down the road you might have to map out internal linking structures.
The ideal candidate will be well-rounded in SEO knowledge and experience. You are a strategic thinker and product leader with a track record of success in news and media organizations. You are a self-starter that is comfortable initiating and leading efforts, projects, and programs. You must be comfortable influencing and interfacing with stakeholders at all levels. Most of all, you stay focused on the mission and don’t get bogged down in issues that get attention but might not move the needle.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with internal and cross-functional partners to develop strategy and lead SEO efforts across one or more verticals within the Yahoo ecosystem.
- Conceptualize business issues or opportunities, formulate hypotheses and goals, define KPIs, analyze data, and make recommendations to editorial, product, design, and engineering teams.
- Able to analyze and respond to algorithm changes, new search features, and tools.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals - the ability to convey complex topics simply.
- Experience managing SEO strategy for large websites, preferably on a global scale and preferably in the news and media realm.
- Experience with SEO tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, and Screaming Frog.
- Understand and can explain current and emerging SEO best practices.
- 5+ years experience building and delivering impactful SEO roadmaps.
- Extensive experience working across large cross-functional teams, and are skilled in influencing product development teams & product roadmaps
- Have worked on complex site redesigns, rebuilds, and implementations with numerous stakeholders and functions.