We believe in the life-changing impact youth sports have on and off the field because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and confidence—important life lessons that have the power to propel our youth toward meaningful futures. We recognize that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. By building the first and best place to experience the youth sports moments important to our community, we are helping families elevate the next generation through youth sports.
So if you love sports and their community-building potential, or building cool products is your sport, GameChanger is the team for you. We are a remote-first, dynamic tech company based in New York City, and we are solving some of the biggest challenges in youth sports today.
We are looking for a Senior Web Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience building scalable web applications and will be passionate about creating great user experiences. As a Senior Web Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the core components of our platform. You will work closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers to build new features and improve existing ones.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and maintain the core components of our web platform.
- Collaborate with peers on critical decisions about how our applications are architected and built.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that adheres to industry best practices.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks and scalability issues.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other team members.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in web development.
- Promote responsible engineering practices.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to define and implement new features.
Who You Are:
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- Track record of successful projects utilizing TypeScript, React and Redux.
- Experience shipping beautiful, high-quality websites.
- Passion and savvy working with the latest in web and server development technologies.
- Comfort working in a multi-disciplined product team.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Experience mentoring engineers.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Work remotely or from our well-furnished, modern office in NYC’s FiDi.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $4,000 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA., and coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, and dependent life.
- Disability leave - short-term disability and long-term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard, with a company match.
- Generous parental leave.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods Teammate Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The target salary range for this position is between $140,000 and $210,000. This is part of a competitive total rewards package that includes incentive, equity, and benefits for eligible roles. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay.