Founded in 1994, Mindex is a software development company with a rich history of demonstrated software and product development success. Our three divisions – Cloud, SchoolTool, and Software Development – are all rapidly growing, and our employee base is close to 400. We are ranked the #1 Software Developer in the 2023 RBJ’s Book of Lists, the Best Software Developer in the RBJ’s 2022 Reader Rankings, and a 2022 Certified Great Place to Work.
Mindex’s Software Development division is the go-to software developer for enterprise organizations looking to engage teams of skilled technical resources to help them plan, navigate, and execute through the full software product lifecycle.
The Senior User Experience Designer is a passionate, collaborative UX practitioner who is a clear and confident visual storyteller. You will be involved in every step of design, including research, ideation, mapping user flows, prototyping, creating mockups, and designing high-fidelity UIs. Senior designers mentor other designers, guide the vision for projects, and build meaningful relationships with our Product, Architecture, and Development partners. You will be expected to cultivate a strong working knowledge of our business and technology platform, and help inform our product roadmap.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide design projects from initial concept through release.
- Provides review and stewardship of design efforts in a specific domain area.
- Collaborate with product management, user research, content strategists, and developers to creatively solve user needs.
- Lead planning activities, leveraging quantitative and qualitative research data to inspire product experiences that delight users. Advocate for user research and usability testing.
- Manage multiple complex design projects. Transform complex interactions, research, and requirements into tangible products with a clear, usable, and desirable outcome for users.
- Contribute and suggest improvements to our design system.
- Mentor and coach junior designers. Proactively help other designers level up their craft expertise.
- Sketch, wireframe, and create mockups and prototypes for web, mobile, smart watch, and smart speakers using modern design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Zeplin).
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, interaction design, UX, CS
- Six years experience in professional product design experience, preferably working on B2B applications. Portfolio showcasing exceptional design, process, and methods used to solve real-world problems. Experience working with design systems or pattern libraries.
- Open to feedback, with a desire to grow and learn new skills
- Willing to collaborate with stakeholders across several teams. Demonstrated ability to communicate design concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels
- Empathetic and compassionate about the people who use our products
- Strong ability to sketch, wireframe, and create high fidelity interactive protoypes
- Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience creating motion-based design elements and animations
- Working knowledge and practical experience with designing voice interactions. Prior experience with Google DialogFlow and Microsoft Bot Framework preferred
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 401k retirement savings plan and company match with pre-tax and ROTH options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employer paid disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and legal assistance
- Adoption assistance
- Domestic partner coverage
- Tickets to local sporting events
- Teambuilding events
- Holiday and celebration parties
- Leadership training
- License to Udemy online training courses
- Growth opportunities