This can be a permanent opportunity or a 6 month FTC contract depending on preference.
If you prefer working remotely, love using and creating open-source software, and would enjoy working on a variety of interesting projects surrounded by inspiring NearFormers on the cutting edge of new technologies, then keep reading!
We are looking for a Senior Test Engineer who can help our enterprise clients translate their requirements into functional and appealing interactive applications. You will be responsible for developing and executing automated test suites and, when required, conducting manual testing to ensure product quality.
At NearForm we modernise enterprises with open, creative software, evolving businesses for the modern world. Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology and modern practices for software development.
Being a global company with a remote workforce allows us to hire without borders. We only hire the best of the best, we continuously learn and improve and our distributed workforce means we service clients across the globe.
What do we expect from a Senior Test Engineer?
As a Test Engineer at NearForm, you will play an important role in the development process. Our ideal candidate will be working within our Development Teams to ensure that testing is considered at all levels of development. They should be brought into conversations early, at a backlog refinement level, to ensure that there is a clear understanding of testing throughout the development process.
Broad interests, logical, analytical, creative, curious, self-learner, change adopter, self-disciplined, collaborator, exceptional communicator
Stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Located in either the United Kingdom, Ireland, or Italy.
- Occasional ability to be flexible with working hours when required
- Fluent English & superb communication skills (written and oral)
What we are looking for:
At NearForm we value speed, cost, quality, security, collaboration and innovation, and we are looking for someone who will help NearForm grow and expand. If you are missing one of the following, don’t let that stop you applying. We are looking for:
- Experience working with third party test runner, such as BrowserStack, SauceLabs.
- Experience working with automated front end testing frameworks, e.g: Cypress, Nightwatch.
- Experience of Backend and API testing.
- Experience of Non Functional Requirement (NFR) testing and Non functional testing tools such as Lighthouse.
- Experience working with cross functional teams developing tests with focus on delivering quality agile products.
- Experience of building and testing in Web / Back-end environments.
- Understanding of Mobile application testing.
- Experience with working with highly scalable, maintainable code.
- Experience of Agile working environments and working within a collaborative team.
- Solid understanding of how to translate product requirements into testable technical solutions.
- Experience in building and improving automated test frameworks.
- Experience in integrating automated tests/test process into CI pipelines.
- Experience in influencing change in the test process within an agile team.
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.