We are a growth stage company that creates software solutions combining lean principles, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and machine learning to transform hospital and infusion center operations. More than 180 health systems and over 685 hospitals across 49 states rely on our award-winning products to increase patient access, decrease wait times, and reduce healthcare delivery costs. We have raised more than $300 million from top-tier investors such as Bain Capital, Insight Partners, and Goldman Sachs. We have been named among the top 100 AI companies in the world.
Please note that while this role is listed as available for remote, we are currently employing in the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MA, MI, MO, MT, NH, NJ, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI . If your state is not listed, we may not be able to proceed with your application. We have offices in Santa Clara, CA and Charlotte, NC for employees who prefer to work regularly or occasionally from an office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work directly with customers to plan work to capture and transform information from their disparate systems (e.g., EHR, Workforce Management) to conform with standard data models to drive workflows and analytics
- Iterate on the process for data onboarding new and existing customers for repeatable, scalable success
- Deeply understand customer workflows and the LeanTaaS iQueue product to determine in depth requirements for data engineers to correctly capture data
- Prioritize and assess tradeoffs on customer data integration vs platform integration improvements
- Own the specification, requirements, and materials used to drive clarity with new customers on data integration needs
- Provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on project status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Partner with implementation and customer success teams to ensure that data ETL matches customer goals and definitions
- Identify opportunities with product and customer teams to improve platform capabilities for faster data onboarding and data health monitoring
- Provide leadership and coaching to various data team members
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on technical deployment projects involving data integration
- Expertise in SQL
- In-depth experience with data analytics tools (Tableau, Excel)
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience implementing processes for scalable deployments
- Accuracy and keen attention to detail
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Direct experience with HL7 integration
- Experience with Python
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Intellectual and emotional satisfaction of solving tough operational problems in healthcare while improving patient access and saving lives!
- Competitive compensation package that includes base salary, annual bonus, and stock options
- 401(k) Match
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly reimbursement for Skill Building
- Monthly reimbursement for Wellness, Transportation, and/or Home Office
- Education Reimbursement for select courses/programs
$120,000 - $150,000 a year
The offered base salary will reflect careful consideration of a number of factors, including your location, skills and qualifications, prior relevant experience, internal equity and market conditions. This range may be modified in the future.
We have an obligation to protect our employees, our customers, and the patients of our customers. Therefore employees are required to be vaccinated to work from the office, attend in-person company events, or to travel on behalf of the company.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
LeanTaaS is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you require assistance during the application process, please reach out to [email protected]. LeanTaaS will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: LeanTaaS is not accepting agency resumes at this time, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.