Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
We are a rapidly growing team building mission critical software products supporting Joby Aviation’s vision to save 1 billion people an hour every day through electric powered flight. As a full stack developer, you will work closely with product management to design and deliver on various applications critical to the delivery of our revolutionary aircraft. These applications support a diverse range of deployments such as Real-time In-service Telemetry, Flight Testing, Full Flight Training Simulator, Maintenance & Diagnostics, and Manufacturing Tests.
- Thrive in an ambiguous problem space where you will be paving the way
- Enjoy architecting efficient and reusable front-end systems
- Collaborate in a cross-functional product team
- Bachelor’s degree (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and 7 years of prior relevant experience. An advanced degree and 5 years' experience will also be considered.
- 3+ years of HTML5 / CSS / JS (ES6+) experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 3+ years’ experience with REST APIs and optimizing performance
- Single Page Applications – large, web based
- Front End Library experience such as Angular (preferred), React, Vue
- Experience working with a source control tool such as Git or Subversion
- Are a pilot or have an interest in aviation and/or new transportation technology
Please still apply if you don’t meet all items in the desired section! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse and effective workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $103,400 - $188,000/yr. The compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.