Senior Software Engineer – Node.js (Remote US only)
The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in the design and development of key initiatives within the Insurance domain in Experian Consumer Services. Insurance is one of the fastest growing areas with Experian and we are looking for a strong Software Engineer who thrives in a fast-moving environment. The candidate will work very closely with product owners, architects, and engineering teams to deliver high quality, scalable, cloud-based technology solutions.
- Design, Development and Testing of key programs within Insurance Engineering.
- Development of technical solutions that are built for quality, scale and performance.
- Collaborate with the business, product management and PMO on product roadmaps and quarterly planning sessions.
- Participate in code and design reviews to minimize rework and catch issues early in the process.
- Ensure stable Production operations with focus on uptime, performance and reliability.
- Work efficiently as a part of a global team of engineers ensuring effective collaboration, communication, and delivery.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors, Computer Science or related field preferred or equivalent amount of experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Extensive (5+ years) experience developing scalable and high-performance application using Node.js.
- Proficiency in core Node.js modules and libraries.
- Understanding and experience designing systems which are deployed in cloud-based containerized environments and orchestration solutions.
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and achieve results amidst constraints.
- Deep understanding of best design and software engineering practices, design principles and patterns and unit testing.
- Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Architect and design leading solutions with a strong focus on security.
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and provide constructive feedback.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact... the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!