Hello, We’re Built In
What We’re Up To
We’re building the largest platform for tech professionals globally. Monthly, millions of professionals visit BuiltIn.com from across the world. We’re the only platform they need to stay ahead of tech trends and news, develop their careers and find opportunities at companies they believe in.
Our 1,800 customers include innovative companies of all sizes, from exciting startups to companies in the Fortune 100. To attract our audience of skilled professionals, they trust us to tell the stories of their cultures and share their job opportunities. This helps them hire the industry’s most sought-after professionals locally, nationally and remotely – ultimately contributing to the industry’s ability to innovate a better future.
What You’ll Be a Part Of
Working at Built In is the chance to help shape a fast-growing company. Whereas we served eight tech hubs at the start of 2021, we entered 72 new markets across the U.S. by year’s end. Global plans are in the works. With venture funding of $30 million to date, we’re expanding not just our geographic footprint but our products and technology.
With the launch of e-learning opportunities for users, we’ve made Built In even more valuable for the professionals who already trust us with their careers. And as we grow into the leading SaaS product for employer branding, we’re using the latest technologies to serve customers in new, exciting ways — and you’ll contribute to that.
You’ll also be a part of changing the lives of professionals like you, ambitious people with a passion for tech and love of learning. As a result, you’ll understand the impact of your work in a deeply personal, especially meaningful way.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
We are a dynamic team of engineers building products for a fast-growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. As an experienced member of our Technology team, we look for talented people who are passionate towards solving business problems through innovation and the best engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common technology and company goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking, outcome-driven environment with modern technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers nationally (and building towards globally).
How you’ll contribute
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Work on both the front-end and back-end of our platform. The tasks you will have will require you to visualize and work with the entire platform and data assets.
- Work within our multi-technology stack including .NET, C#, APIs, Razor Pages, Blazor WASM and TypeScript to build services and applications.
- Adapt to modern technologies and processes, and work in a test-driven development environment. Your input will always be valued in implementing improvements to our development processes.
- Grow with us as we have clearly defined paths of progression and opportunities, whether you want to design systems, manage engineers, or put your head down and code.
- Build features that drive acquisition, traffic growth and inbound revenue, by partnering with other product teams, ensuring a unified engineering and product framework
What you need
- BS or MS in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience required.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in software engineering is required.
- Experience designing, deploying and troubleshooting APIs
- Experience working with AWS, Docker and Terraform is a plus.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus.
- Work closely with SRE and QA teams to ensure that infrastructure and development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning and executions, including build towards a reliable CI/CD pipeline.
- Comfortable absorbing modern technologies quickly.
- Must be willing to quickly implement technical solutions in a timely manner, with frequent experimentation on new and existing features, and fast-changing priorities based on user needs
- Passion to build great software.
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So, we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose, and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask, “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
Be Inclusive, Always
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We are proud to be led by a female CEO and founder.
Our base salary range for this role is targeted at $145,000 to $165,000 per year for all US-based locations (remote or Chicago HQ). Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate’s skills, qualifications, experience and work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.