APOLLO is Canada’s largest digital-first insurance company. Our platform launched in 2019 and offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We reduce what is commonly a painful weeks-long process into simple and immediate digital fulfillment.
We are a team of empowered and driven individuals who have the desire to build a great company and be at the forefront of disrupting a $5 trillion dollar industry. This position offers a chance for the right candidate to make a significant impact and work alongside a tight-knit, energized team focused on one thing - innovation.
In this role you will work with a team of experienced, smart, humble and collaborative Engineers, Product Managers and UX Designers, who are out to create the largest Digital Insurance Platform in the world. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization and industry to innovate in this space and solve critical technical and business problems for Apollo and our customers. You will use the latest capabilities of the AWS platform and industry leading practices to experiment, iterate, and learn in a fast paced environment. As the platform and the organization scales 10x, so will your experience and your career.
- Design and build simple, fast and delighting experiences for our Brokers, Partners, Business Owners and Consumers
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers and business stakeholders
- Own the delivery of these experiences end to end, from building, testing, deploying and running them
- Dream up your own ideas how to solve critical customer problems, and be part of the full problem solving process
- Collect and leverage data so we can better understand how customers are using our platform and leverage that data to create better solutions
** APOLLO is looking for top talent and open to hiring this position at a different level as needed.
- 5+ years of experience as a Front End Engineer
- Solid understanding of Computer Science principles Basic experience with the AWS or any cloud platform
- Experience with Iterative, Agile software development, and ideally Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Comfortable with tackling ambiguous problems and unblocking yourselfFocus on high quality solutions as everything we do impacts customers and the business
- Data driven in how you solve problems and validate you've solved them correctly
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
- Exposure to the design and development of large scale systems is a strong plus
We’re humbled to have won multiple awards including including Insurance Business Canada’s 5-Star Professional Liability Award 2022, Top Insurance Employer 2022, Digital Innovator of the Year 2021, Top Insurance Employer 2021, ICTA’s 2021 Technology Award, and LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2021.
The APOLLO values: Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire.
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. If your values align with ours, you’ll fit right in!
Benefits & Perks
Competitive salary & Bonus
Company social events
Extended Medical, Dental and Vision care
Monthly Wellness Benefits
Autonomy, growth, and the ability to make an impact