The Finance Automation Team is working closely with application engineers, data scientists, product owners and of course the finance teams to build products that allow timely performance reporting, understanding our trends and customers, and powering decision making to grow our business. Finance is the central business partner to all verticals and we are trusted to provide accurate, reconciled figures to the business. If you share a passion for building world-class finance reporting systems and automated processes, we’d love to talk to you.
In this role you will help the team design, build, scale, and maintain our reporting, attribution and data integration infrastructure. Your work will help inform, enrich and drive our business and marketing decisions - and in the process cross technical and functional boundaries while deeply learning how our business works at scale. Day to day, your work may range from helping to design and evolve the system architecture, supporting us as we scale, to building out end-to-end prototypes and other tests for product features and ideas, to inventing, iterating on and applying our latest frameworks to help improve the transparency, audit ability and accuracy of our financial system. Your contributions will be broad and immediately impactful.
What would your day-to-day look like:
- Consult with business leaders and operations teams to identify and automate manual workflows
- Define data requirements, design and implement appropriate ETL and reconciliation processes
- Develop and scale the data pipelines feeding our data warehouse and financial ledgers
- Design & deploy automated pipeline management and monitoring.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to improve data efficiency, quality and consistency.
- Work with and mentor technical team members
- Establish, maintain and document high data quality standards.
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers.
And ideal candidate has:
- Fluent / Highly Skilled In: Python, Distributed System Design, API Design, Code Review & Design Patterns, Data Warehousing in cloud environments and Unit & Integration Testing
- Comfortable / Moderate Skill with: SQL, Github Actions & Terraform (or similar), Designing and deploying Data Warehouses
Our Tech Stack:
- Cloud: GCP
- Backend: mostly Python, but possibly Scala in the future
- Frontend: Typescript / Angular
- Orchestration: Airflow
- Data Warehouse: BigQuery
- CICD & IAC: Github Actions / Terraform
- Avid users of docker dev containers
Perks of working with us
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Carrot Cash travel stipend
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401K plan
$250,000 - $350,000 a year