Bowtie is a cybersecurity company rethinking enterprise networking and security. Using cutting-edge technology, we are building a decentralized secure edge without compromise. With our vision fully executed, Bowtie will be the new network fabric upon which all companies operate. Today, Bowtie delivers Private Network Access and Secure Web Gateway functions on our local-first, distributed data plane. What will you help build next?
Company culture at Bowtie isn’t a top-down mandate: we orient ourselves around our mission to help customers solve their problems in an environment that lets smart, capable people do their best work. We collaborate together every day to foster a culture that trusts motivated employees to design and build solutions with peers who value both autonomy and the unique experience that each of us bring. Being an early-stage employee means that each of us exercise a high degree of agency to bring order and confidence to the rapidly-changing environment of a startup.
Bowtie is a remote-first company that has been oriented to support remote collaboration from day one. We understand that life happens between (and sometimes during!) work. We’re flexible when it comes to where and when you work with the mutual understanding that your efforts contribute significantly to our success.
About the Role
Join our team as a Senior Software Engineer focusing on Windows client development. You will play a crucial role in optimizing our platform for Windows, focusing specifically on Windows daemons and applications. While this position is Windows-specific, an understanding of cross-platform development is a huge plus.
- Develop and maintain Windows-based client applications focusing on network related applications such as traffic tunneling, name resolution, traffic policy enforcement, and platform health measurement.
- Collaborate on cross-platform client solutions and architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts, with a focus on client networking.
- Proficient in Windows native client development, with an understanding of Windows daemons and applications.
- Familiar with application development in Rust.
- Expertise in Windows network stack, traffic management, and packet manipulation.
- Bonus: Experience in developing on other platforms (Web Frontend, MacOS, Android, Embedded, etc).
- You are startup minded, comfortable with taking initiative and ownership and can operate in a self-directed manner.
- 4 hour workday overlap with US/Pacific
What We Offer
- An innovative and collaborative work environment.
- Get in early and have a real impact
- Opportunity to work on groundbreaking technology in cybersecurity and networking.
- Competitive compensation/equity and benefits package.
- Salary range: $90,000 to $175,000 USD annually