At Praxis Labs, we’re on a mission to make workplaces — and ultimately society — more equitable and inclusive. Praxis Labs is an end-to-end immersive learning platform for soft skills that combines the best of research-driven curriculum and learning science, engaging VR/MR learning experiences, and actionable insights to drive individual and organizational change.
Praxis Labs was founded by women of color. As a diverse team, we bring our lived experiences and unique perspectives to bear as we seek to build the most efficacious and impactful learning experiences. We partner with the world’s leading enterprise brands to inspire more inclusive and innovative organizations that retain talent and support belonging. Our comprehensive approach and insights translate learning into action, driving tangible improvements on workplace culture and policy.
As a fast growing mission-driven startup, we are looking to grow our team and hire a Senior Software Engineer with a backend focus to help us take our learning experiences to the next level!
What Success Looks Like:
- In 1 month, you will have collaborated with Product, Design, and Engineering team members to contribute to a new or ongoing project
- In 3 months, you will have owned a project from start to end, written technical briefs and documentation to contribute to understanding across teams, and contributed to improving engineering processes across the team
- In 6 months, you will have collaborated cross-functionally to launch and track the impact of a new feature you worked on
Role & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the roll-out of engineering standards (coding, testing, structure) for the backend systems
- Work closely with the Dir. of Platform Engineering, founding engineers, and co-founders to design and develop backend systems and API’s that serve our learning platform
- Interface with front-end team to ensure seamless handoff
- Establish high standards for code quality, documentation
- 4+ years experience working as hands-on backend engineer, with experience working closely with frontend teams in the past
- 2+ years of experience contributing to and scaling a production grade a Ruby on Rails application
- Familiarity with developing GraphQL API’s
- Experience with database design for MySQL databases
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with APM tools such as DataDog
- Able to communicate clearly and write clear documentation
- Strong understanding of Software Development life cycle
- Experience working with Cloud environments such as AWS
The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $140,000 and $180,000/year. However, the base pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market factors, location, and business need.
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a diverse, interesting, caring and inclusive group of folks
- Fully Remote; #workfromanywhere
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health, medical and dental benefits
- 401k with employer match
- We believe everyone is an owner in the company, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business
- Flexible paid time off — unlimited vacation, and sick days & paid parental leave
- Company retreats, holiday parties, and opportunities to gather virtually and in person
- Reimbursements for wellness, continuing education, & more