Harbor Health looking for a Senior Software Engineer to become a member of our team!
Harbor Health is an entirely new multi-specialty clinic group in Austin, TX utilizing a modern approach to co-create health with those who get, give, and pay for it, allowing everyone to fully flourish. Join us as we build a fully integrated system that connects care to a better payment model that truly puts the human being at the center.
As a Senior Software Engineer with a focus on data engineering at Harbor Health, you will play a pivotal role in our data transformation initiatives. You will work with a team of dedicated professionals using AWS, Snowflake, and DBT Labs to create efficient data pipelines. Your expertise in Python, SQL, and SQL performance optimization, along with your ability to take a proactive and collaborative approach to your work, will be essential in shaping the future of healthcare data analytics.
Our Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain data engineering solutions.
- Develop and optimize ETL processes using DBT Labs and other technologies.
- Design and implement data models and data transformations for our Snowflake data warehouse.
- Create robust, scalable, and maintainable code using Python.
- Write efficient SQL queries and be an expert at SQL performance tuning.
- Participate in daily standup meetings with the team to ensure alignment and effective collaboration.
- Independently manage and execute projects while being adaptable and productive, whether working alone or in a team.
Successful Sr. Software Engineer’s will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years in a Data Engineering role with proven experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in AWS, Snowflake, and DBT Labs.
- Advanced skills in Python for data engineering and transformation.
- Expertise in SQL and SQL performance optimization.
- Curious and action-oriented mindset, self-motivated, and able to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to drive projects to completion.
Additional Skills & Experiences Preferred include:
- Kimball data modeling experience
- Inmon data modeling experience
- Experience working with healthcare data and healthcare quality metrics such as HEDIS measures.