Funnel Leasing Inc., is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer that can ’work from anywhere’ in the U.S. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for collaborating with product managers and designers to design, plan, and implement new features for Funnel’s Online Leasing software. A successful candidate will be experienced in translating requirements into a scalable implementation plan and defining non-functional requirements to ensure performance meets our standards. This role will work on the cross-functional product development team responsible for building and maintaining our Online Leasing product.
We are a ’work from anywhere’ in the U.S. SaaS company that centers our services on the renter experience. We develop amazing software that has revolutionized the #proptech industry. And did we mention we have an amazing team that is on #FunnelFire!? Oh, did we forget to tell you we have unlimited PTO, benefits that begin on your first day of employment, P.I.N.K. core values that ROCK, and our team puts the FUN in Funnel!
Employees may be eligible for various benefits. Generally, we provide employee access to:
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid Life/AD&D
- Long-term Disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan - 2% company match
In addition to these benefits, we also offer
- Benefits effective on first date of employment
- Remote-first; work from anywhere within the US company culture
- Uncapped Discretionary Time off
- Sick Leave
- 13 paid holidays
- One time remote work stipend
- Employee recognition program
- Employee-led Groups (ELG’s)
Who is Funnel Leasing?
Have you ever rented an apartment and wished the process could be better? At Funnel we do too. We know we need to make the process of renting an apartment as easy as purchasing socks on Amazon. We’ve created cloud-based marketing and leasing software that delivers the ultimate rental experience for everyone involved in the process. We’re in the process of transforming the real estate industry through cutting-edge technology built, sold, and supported by the most passionate people you’ll meet.
Click here to learn more about Funnel and our innovative team members across the country.
The Senior Software Engineer’s essential roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Designers to define technical designs for implementation
- Provide constructive feedback on technical designs from peers
- Implement critical portions of features while providing clear delegation to team members based on experience and skillset
- Identify technical debt and propose iterative solutions to address it
- Mentor less experienced Software Engineers
- Conduct technical interviews to assess Software Engineering candidates
- Provide feedback to make team processes more efficient and be involved in instituting the process changes resulting from the feedback
- Facilitate design reviews and project planning within the team
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and learning
- Foster collaboration within the team and across the company
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at the manager’s discretion
Education, Work Experience, and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent related experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing software applications in an agile environment
- Ability to manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Python or similar programming languages
- Proficiency with one or more modern web application frameworks, like Django, Flask, Rails
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience working with cloud service providers like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience building effective alerting and monitoring policies as part of feature development