About us, but we’ll be brief
We are very proud that FORTUNE named us one of The 100 Best Companies to Work For. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
About this role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you need to be intimately familiar with building single-page applications, widgets and the corresponding backends to satisfy functional and technical business requirements. You will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analyze, design, develop, code and implement Big Data Applications and complex UI driven applications (SPA micro-frontends).
- Builds and supports applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Assesses the health and performance of software applications and databases.
- Defines specifications and develop programs, modifies existing programs, prepares test data, and prepares functional specifications.
- Analyzes program and application performance using various programming languages, tools and techniques.
- Identifies potential process improvement areas and suggests options and recommends approaches.
- Mentor/guide other team members as required.
- Collaborate with analytics, data scientists and product teams to assist in building and optimizing innovative products and services to market
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with AWS.
What your background looks like:
- 4+ years of experience in a Full Stack Software Engineer role and in-depth understanding of implementing systems end-to-end.
- Sound knowledge of Node.js
- Working experience with UI/UX, CSS including flexbox, grid etc.
- Experience developing RESTful web services, integrating with RESTful or other web services.
- Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions –NoSQL (MongoDB)/RDBMS (MySql, Postgres).
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience implementing testing platforms/frameworks and unit tests leveraging cypress, jest etc.
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile processes
- Thorough understanding of user experience and design
- Experience working with Jenkins for CI/CD automation
- Deep problem-solving skills to perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.