The Senior Software Engineer is a seasoned professional with 8 years of experience in software development, specializing in startups within the tech industry. This individual excels in leading problem-solving, driving coding excellence, ensuring comprehensive testing, and adopting scalable software solutions.
Who We Are
- We are an early-stage startup focused on building automation of Asset Management (ITAM) for B2B clients within the physical, digital, and organizational automation space.
- We are a remote-first, geographically-distributed team open to candidates from around the world.
- We are committed to transparency, openness, and supporting each other to build great things.
- We approach our products with genuine curiosity and recognize that innovative tech solutions pair best with high-performance, engaged teams.
- We offer great benefits, including a 100% remote work environment, flexible schedules, and ongoing growth opportunities.
- Proven expertise in startup environments within the tech sector.
- Significant understanding of design patterns, code quality, and testing frameworks.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Able to explain complex technical concepts to others.
- Must be located in time zones between UTC-8 and UTC+3
- Solid track record of over 8 years demonstrating mastery of Python, mainly in production backend applications.
- Strong expertise with SQL relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with RPC and REST APIs.
- Proficient in processing queues such as Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Proven expertise in utilizing in-memory databases like Redis and Memcached.
- Understanding of Git and branching models for collaborating with team members.
- Hands-on experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Familiarity with Identity Providers, Active Directory, and LDAP.
- Enhanced skills with other programming languages like C++, Rust, or Go are highly valued.
- A comprehensive grasp of network connectivity, traffic encryption, authentication protocols, proxy, firewall, VPN, and SSH tunnels.
- Consistently write production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors. Understand when it is appropriate to leave comments biased towards self-documenting code.
- Understand the testing pyramid and write unit tests as well as higher-level tests in accordance with it. Always write tests to handle expected edge cases and errors gracefully, as well as happy paths.
- Understand your team’s domain at a high level and gather sufficient context to work productively within it. Have expertise in a portion of their team’s domain.
- Consistently design code that is aligned with the overall service architecture. Utilize abstractions and code isolation effectively.
- Proficient at using systematic debugging to diagnose all issues in a single service. Use systematic debugging to diagnose cross-service issues, sometimes with help from more senior engineers.
- Review tasks critically and ensure they’re appropriately sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery.
- Communicate effectively, clearly, concisely, and in an audience-oriented way, in written and verbal form. Actively listen to others and ensure they are understood. Pay attention to nonverbal communication.
- Understand your area of work and share knowledge frequently with your teammates. Help teammates when requested. Give or share credit where due. Seek out mentorship to grow their own experience.
- Competitive salary
- Work from anywhere - we are 100% remote
- Unlimited PTO (vacation, time to recharge, US or local holidays)
- Flexible working hours with 4 hours overlapping in US Eastern time
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies while contributing to impactful projects
- Collaborative, innovative, and supportive work culture
- Chance to mentor a team of talented engineers
- Professional growth and development opportunities
We are committed to providing a simplified, transparent, and streamlined hiring experience. You may expect the following stages:
- Technical assessment and code challenge
- Meeting with your future Engineering Manager
- Technical interview with the technical leadership
- Cultural fit interview with the CTO
- Get a job offer, sign contracts, and define your start date.
- Welcome aboard!