Flex is building a finance super app for business owners — reimagining every single aspect of the financial workflow and financial services for any entrepreneur. The company is growing 35% MoM and is on track to achieve cash flow positive by early 2024. Flex is focused on the long tail of the market, especially undigitized industries like construction and logistics, with >$1.2T in card spend annually still up for grabs. 90% of its customers come from incumbents like BofA and AmEx.
Flex is a fully remote company and this role can be performed from anywhere.
We are looking for engineers who are excited to be part of our early story and help us build a diverse and vibrant company. As a senior software engineer you will have the opportunity to work across the entire stack with a focus on Android applications. You will have the opportunity to learn and drive the creation of financial products and experiences to help our customers reach their full potential. You should have a strong sense of ownership and enjoy taking projects from inception to release. As an early employee, you’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and having a large, long-term impact on technical design and engineering culture.
We are open to candidates from Canada, the United States, and Colombia.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams across the company to build new features and products.
- Play a critical role in the development, design, and maintenance of Flex’s Android applications.
- Architect well thought-out components and systems that ensure Flex’s continued growth.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, latency, observability, security, and metrics.
- Lead by example and mentor engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Be a catalyst for driving best-in-class technology frameworks and tooling while staying engaged with the latest technology trends.
What You Need
- Proficiency in Kotlin, mobile concepts, and UI/UX design principles.
- An understanding and interest in architectural patterns for mobile applications.
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles.
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation of multiple technical directions and determine tradeoffs of each.
- Strong propensity to make data-driven decisions on technical architecture and project prioritization.
- Exposure to mobile frameworks along with the benefits and challenges they bring.
- Experience with any cloud based provider like Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure.
- Four or more years of relevant industry experience with a track record of shipping high-quality products and features at scale.