Tomorrow Health enables exceptional healthcare for patients and their families in the place they want to be most — home. At Tomorrow Heath, we build technology that rewires the way home-based care is ordered, delivered, and paid for. Tomorrow Health connects patients, providers, health plans, and home-based care suppliers, to ensure patients receive the correct and timely care they need to remain healthy at home.
We believe that a team’s strength is in its people. Our goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you’ll join us.
The Engineering team at Tomorrow Health builds the technology that connects and scales the home health ecosystem in order to transform the home into the preferred place of care for positive patient outcomes. Our products serve a diverse set of users – doctors, insurance companies, medical equipment suppliers – and ultimately enable us to deliver a higher quality patient experience. Our team of mission-driven technologists is highly collaborative, supportive, empathetic, curious, and impact-oriented. We partner with the Product, Operations, and Customer Experience teams to identify opportunities to enable a faster, simpler, and more transparent process for patients and healthcare partners.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software / DevOps Engineer who will drive and contribute to the execution, planning, and release of high-impact engineering projects. Reporting to an Engineering Manager, this person will participate in all aspects of the product development and software delivery lifecycle, focusing on raising the bar on technical quality and agility. Some examples of work you will take on over the next six months:
- You will partner closely with cross-functional team members as a technical owner of key business goals.
- You will help unite disparate system configurations into a maintainable configuration-based deployment strategy
- You will contribute to the design and development of tools and pipelines to enable continuous integration and deployment of builds
- You will maintain critical infrastructure components of the Tomorrow Health system
- You will work with the team to understand the needs of our platform and help guide approach and implementation
- You will become well-versed in our testing, deployment, observability, and monitoring tools; make recommendations to improve or enhance their usage; and mentor other team members to drive an engineering culture rooted in quality and delivery.
- You will mentor teammates and promote simplicity in solving complex problems across our products and teams as we scale.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering or DevOps role ● You are a passionate builder and strategist who enjoys defining and scaling systems from zero upwards.
- You have deep experience designing and implementing DevOps solutions, as well as providing key insight into securing applications
- You have experience working in Python, or similar languages
- You have experience working with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- You have experience developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, and working with platform such as CircleCI
- You have experience implementing and maintain infrastructure-as-code (IaC), through the use of tools like Docker and Terraform
- You have experience building scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on major cloud primitives.
- You have knowledge of the code and tools required for development of engineering solutions for both customer-facing and operational problems.
- You have the ability to sketch out and iterate on solid engineering architecture and designs.
- You are a proactive technical leader with experience owning roadmaps and directing your own work.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment with several dynamic and concurrent projects.
- You are a clear communicator who instinctively reduces ambiguity and promotes transparency with team members.
- You set the bar high, and improve the work of those around you through mentorship and feedback.
- You have a track record of continual learning and improvement throughout your career. ● You strive for excellence and know that there is always room to do better. ● You believe deeply in the idea that the future of healthcare can be significantly better, and are driven by the opportunity we have in front of us to make it a reality!
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision benefits
- HSA and FSA (Dependent Care and Commuter)
- Fully covered membership in One Medical for on-demand primary care, and Teladoc for 24/7 virtual care
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Free mental health support with BetterUp through CONCERN EAP
- Short-term, and long-term disability plan availability
- Company-sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Educational reimbursement
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Access to Vanguard 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation and 11 corporate holidays
- Thoughtfully curated monthly hosted events including social events, learning sessions, and wellness sessions
- Personal and professional anniversary gifts
- Annual company summit in NYC
- Investor network support
Salary range for this position: $125,000 to $150,000 /yr, depending on experience and qualifications
Learn more about our core values and working with us on our careers page!
Tomorrow Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.