This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
Business Unit Overview:
The Federal Civilian business unit supports a wide range of customers that span the federal, commercial, and nonprofit space. Our customers include the General Services Administration, Office of Personnel Management, PAN Foundation, Library of Congress, Social Security Administration, Health and Human Services, and the USDA Forest Service. We partner with these agencies to build new capabilities, deliver products, establish data as a strategic asset for informed decision-making, modernize legacy systems, and build the digital service infrastructure necessary to scale their mission impact.
In this role, you will serve as an experienced individual contributor within a team, with the expectation that you will further develop your leadership, guidance and mentoring skills. With minimal oversight from leadership, you will be responsible for supporting the goal of meeting scope, schedule and delivery requirements. A Senior Product Trainer impacts the long-term goals of the program, while contributing to the development of the program’s training strategy. You may serve as the discipline’s primary lead when working with stakeholders and utilize strong influential skills to drive improvements in training processes and practices.
Primary expectations of a Senior Product Trainer include:
- Strong influential skills to build relationships with team members, government and company stakeholders, and program management
- May lead cross functional efforts for delivery team members and team leads
- Navigates ambiguous requirements and environments to support delivery
- Comprehensive understanding of scope requirements to prioritize design activities
- May conduct face-to-face and/or remote training classes for customers and/or employees on the features and operation of products
- Design and develop training programs and plans
- Work with specialists to ensure training materials are current and effective
- Prepare training materials and documentation for customers
- Remain current on product trends both within the organization and among competitors
- Maximize effectiveness by researching training methodologies, learning tools and practices
- Explain complex product information to non-technical audiences
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- May work with vendors to adapt existing training software
- Ability to identify risks and communicate to leadership; provides recommendations to mitigate identified risks
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience supporting emergency management programs
- Active Public Trust Clearance or the ability to obtain one is required
- Experience developing, planning, and organizing training to meet educational objectives
- Deliver training to technical and non-technical audiences through a variety of mediums
- Experience with design software such as Figma, Miro, Adobe or other designer tools
- Data Analytic Training Curriculum Development, Delivery and Evaluation
- Agile Project Management
- Data Analysis
- Data Engineering
- Data Science
- Decision analysis and support
- Microsoft Azure or AWS Cloud environments
- Python, Spark, an/or Presto/Trino
- Experience with Columnar-Oriented Formats (e.g., Avro, Parquet) in cloud storage.
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- and much more!
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we’ve outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $125,000 - $150,000 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.