Stio® is an omni-channel mountain apparel brand that designs, develops and sells beautiful, functional, and innovative apparel infused with the soul of the mountain lifestyle. With headquarters in Jackson, Wyoming, Stio draws inspiration from the surrounding Teton Range and offers product via Stio.com, catalog and its Mountain Studio® retail locations.
We live and love mountain life, and as such see ourselves as caretakers of the resources that provide it. We’re certified net carbon neutral through Climate Neutral and proud partners of Protect Our Winters and the Conservation Alliance. We have a strong preferred materials platform, use Bluesign® approved textiles wherever possible, audit our supply chains for best practices, and operate our workplaces responsibly.
We think that outside is the best side and that you can’t improve on nature. It’s good for mind, body and soul, and it’s our responsibility to help enable access for all people, regardless of race, gender, beliefs, background or ability. We strive for inclusion at Stio and in our local and national communities.
The Senior Product Line Manager (SPLM) of Apparel at Stio® leads the product creation process for the product development cross functional team. The SPLM is responsible for translating product concepts into an assortment plan and the execution of seasonal inline and auxiliary line plans that will drive revenue growth and sell-thru. The SPLM manages the commercialization of the assortment by the positioning and planning of all programs considerate of material, price point, end use and function. In partnership with Design, Materials, and Development, this position oversees the strategic creation of products in alignment with our premium brand in consideration of function, end use, competitive landscape, innovation, and trend. The SPLM has key responsibilities in assortment strategy, timeline management, financial planning, inventory partnership, and product positioning to support demand planning and go-to-market functions. With strategic application of brand sales reports, industry data, and technical product knowledge, the SPLM collaborates with cross-functional teams to build consensus and finalize product assortment and in so doing instills clarity, confidence, and excitement about the current and future product range.
- Initiate and own the seasonal assortment strategy including line plan, distribution, launch month, pricing, product positioning and product design brief.
- Define and develop initiatives and expectations for style efficiency in order to improve the key drivers of the business.
- Provide evidence based recommendations for style adoption and storytelling.
- Research and analyze trend and market landscape to identify key opportunities in regards to gender, category, positioning, and price.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of competitors’ products, consumer preferences, and technical advancements, leveraging this knowledge to contribute to the development of innovative, market-leading products.
- Create and commercialize seasonal line plan considerate of financial objectives, efficiency requirements, product positioning, seasonal initiatives, channel needs, and delivery date.
- Build seasonal color strategy, manage color lifecycle, and provide color investment guidance.
- Own & execute line plan maintenance inclusive of data integrity and information flow from line plan to forecasting in order to support demand planning and operational needs.
- Define, create, and maintain physical and digital assets needed to support cross departmental understanding of product range inclusive of name, color and end use.
- Streamline communication from concept to customer via collaboration with the sales and marketing teams in order to sell in and sell through according to fabric, feature/ benefit, and end use.
- Effectively engage and influence team members, cross functional stakeholders and leadership through exceptional communication in order to ensure seamless collaboration and understanding across all levels of the organization.
- Own MSRP recommendation considerate of Stio brand position, assortment architecture, market value, profitability and revenue targets.
- Create initial costing expectations according to margin requirements and market value.
- Collaborate with designers, sales channel owners and production team to deliver at quality, on time, by sea.
- Manage inventory investment according to product lifecycle strategy and channel of distribution strategy.
- Foster inclusivity, collaboration and mentorship.
- Commitment to our company mission, vision and values.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, business, merchandising, or retail management focus preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Line Management experience required
- Proven experience in product line management required, apparel or technical outerwear preferred
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate and interact with various levels of seniority
- Creative, strategic, adaptable and detail-oriented with a high capacity for problem solving
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication required
- MS Office and Google Products experience required with a working knowledge of Excel, Adobe Creative Suite and PLM Systems preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively through various channels with individuals and in group settings.
- Proven proficiency in the end-to-end product creation process.
THE FINE PRINT
- Must be able to work in a sedentary position, move around the office, and occasionally move objects or boxes 15+ lbs
- Ideally this role will be based in Jackson, WY. However, this role can be remotely located anywhere within the continental US.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with Match
- Flexible paid time off policies
- Gear test, perks, and more
We provide competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives and benefits. The base salary range for this role is $80,000-$100,000. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors including experience, skills, and qualifications.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, we reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed. Stio is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, veterans & individuals with disabilities.