About the role
Unit21 is currently looking for a Sr. Product Designer who is interested in creating innovative solutions to protect the global financial ecosystem from fraud, money laundering, and other illicit activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences that balance vision, craft, speed, and business potential and delight our customers
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and translate both qualitative insights and quantitative data into creative ideas and informed design decision
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and GTM teams to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product team
- Cultivate a creative design process that is built on strong cross-functional collaboration
- Evolve our design system intentionally as we scale
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Product Design
- Extensive experience designing products from MVP to ideal state and developing experiment-driven work in your ownership area
- Extensive generative and evaluative research experience
- Experience working with complex workflows across multiple product areas
- Experience building enterprise / SaaS products
- Ability to form clear hypotheses around design decisions and lay out a path to validate them
- Ability to embrace ambiguous situations as opportunities to create
- Willingness to talk with users, understand their pain, and be their champion internally
- Willingness to coach other team members to creating intuitive designs
- Proficiency with Figma (our primary tool)
- Strong communication skills and enthusiasm for collaborating across the entire company
- Bonus points if you have experience building out and maintaining design systems
- Bonus points if you’ve previously lead a team of designers
The standard base pay range for this role is $130,00.00 - $170,000.00 Annually. This base pay range does not include variable compensation including potential commissions, bonuses or other financial or equity incentives.
Unit21 is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all to apply, even if you do not meet each requirement above. We are building a diverse, inclusive workforce and hope you will join us!
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and pre-IPO stock options
- 100% company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance (for employee)
- Optional HSA and FSA medical reimbursement accounts
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous leave programs for life events
- Charity matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- One-time Home office set-up stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours and team-building events
- Great office space in the San Francisco Financial District
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Lunch and dinner provided in SF office at least 3x per week
- A great company culture with a strong emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
Unit21 stops bad actors by leveraging data to deliver justice and safety in the world. We protect businesses against adversaries engaging in money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks by offering no-code infrastructure to model, detect, and remediate suspicious activity. Our customers range from large Fortune 500 companies to high-potential, pre-launch startups. We have reported over USD $2 billion in fraud and laundered money to the US government using our software.
We are a rapidly growing Series C startup, having raised close to $100m from Google, Tiger Global, ICONIQ Capital, Jack Dorsey, Diane Greene, and other leading VCs. Our team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to empower companies to define a new standard of eliminating bad behavior on their platforms.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Unit21 is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.