Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today’s most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why its unique:
- Lead product design solutions and identify future optimizations and enhancements for either our Fantasy or Sportsbook products
- Manage and grow a healthy team of product designers to design and create the best customer experience possible
- Set goals, roadmaps, and deadlines for the team to ensure we’re delivering timely and innovative features
- Push projects forward and work closely with product, research, and engineering partners to deeply understand issues related to our players’ experience
- Champion best practices at each stage of the design lifecycle: sketches, usability studies, wireframes, prototypes, presentations, and documentation.
- Collaborate and contribute to a world-class design team through knowledge shares, critiques and workshops.
- Ensure #SportsAreForEveryone
Who you are:
- Experienced Product Designer designing solutions for native mobile and web
- Prior experience as a leader managing and developing a team of product designers
- A humbled, motivated individual constantly geared to ship the most ideal solution and experience for the customer and their goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and influence stakeholders at various levels
Even better if you have…
- Experience in visual design, branding, and/or marketing
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $155,000 and $190,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we’re willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we’re extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don’t take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook