Who We are:
At Wagepoint, we’re good people. Sure, maybe we’re biased. But that’s only because Wagepointers bring the best versions of ourselves to do some of the best work in our careers.
We’re an authentic team who bring our diverse backgrounds, ideas, experiences and cultures together to make payroll magic. Speaking of, we “pull rabbits out of hats” for 24,000 small business owners across Canada who rely on our payroll software to pay their employees and process their taxes. And we’re just getting started.
We’re growing and looking for more awesome people to join our merry band of misfits. We are looking for people who share our understanding that when it comes to our commitment to our customers: we mean business. Especially given that the consequences of getting payroll wrong can sometimes be dire.
If you are the kind of person who has always wanted to make a difference and be heard at work, Wagepoint will give you plenty of opportunity to do just that.
The role at a high level:
We’re on the lookout for a talented Senior .NET Developer who loves taking on challenging projects and diving into fascinating (well, most of the time) subjects like payroll and technology. You’ll be charge of spearheading the design and development of intricate software systems using Microsoft’s .NET framework. With 4-6 years of software development experience and a solid background in .NET technologies, you’ll be collaborating with other developers, product managers, and stakeholders to create top-notch software applications that exceed customer expectations. This role offers an exciting opportunity to lead and innovate within our team of developers, making a real impact on the products we deliver.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the design, development, and testing of complex software systems using .NET technologies.
- Collaborating with other developers, product managers, and stakeholders to gather requirements and develop solutions that meet business needs.
- Mentoring and providing technical guidance to other team members, including junior developers.
- Providing input on technology and product roadmaps, identifying opportunities for new features, enhancements, and improvements.
- Participating in code reviews and ensuring that code meets quality standards, is maintainable and scalable.
- Investigating and resolving complex technical issues that arise during software development, testing, and deployment.
- Participating in the development of technical documentation, including technical specifications, design documents, and user manuals.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in .NET technologies.
- Participating in the development of architectural and design patterns for software systems.
- Participating in the development of software development processes and standards.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong technical background in .NET technologies and 4+ years of experience in software development.
- Should have understanding of Data structures & difference between the types of collection.
- Should have excellent understanding of Object oriented programming. In addition, understanding of Algorithms and Big O.
- Should have excellent leadership and communication skills, be able to work collaboratively with other developers and stakeholders, and be able to provide technical guidance and mentorship to other team members.
- Should also have experience with the software development lifecycle and be able to identify opportunities for process improvement and quality assurance.
What we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with the world’s friendliest team, solving interesting problems together.
- The ability to work from home, forever! Wagepoint is a remote company, so you don’t have to worry about commuting to an office. Plus, more time with your pets is always a bonus!
- An autonomous work environment: We’re a growing startup - so we’ll be looking to you to roll up your sleeves and dive right in! No red tape, just bring your great ideas and your powerful work ethic.
- An endless amount of laughter — we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but we always have time for a bad joke or two.
If all the above feels right and proper, please don’t feel like you need to send us an uninspired cover letter. Just send us your updated resume and perhaps a few lines on what excites you about the job - we really want to get to know who you are, not just about how we can work together. If we believe you’re a good match, someone from our team will reach out to schedule a call.
Wagepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and appreciate all applicants with diverse backgrounds, races, religions, genders, identities, ages, experiences (the list goes on!). We are committed to making not only our workplace safe and inclusive for everyone, but also ensuring our recruitment process reflects that. We are a remote company, so there’s no need to travel to an office for an interview, but if you require any special accommodation during our recruitment process, please let us know. We are more than happy to assist!