We’re looking for a Senior SDK engineer to work on our open source SDKs and automations.
You’ll contribute to our iOS, Android, Flutter, React-Native, Cordova/Capacitor/Ionic and Unity SDKs, with code written in Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, Dart, Typescript, C# and Ruby.
You’ll learn how each of the platforms work and work with modern technologies like SwiftUI, Swift Concurrency, Android Coroutines, Sound null safety in Dart, and CI/CD pipelines, with a strong emphasis in API design, testing and robustness.
- You love making products for developers.
- You enjoy learning new coding languages and trying bleeding-edge technologies.
- You are passionate about automation, high-quality software and testing.
- You have 5+ years of experience in software, and have shipped mobile apps to App Store / Google Play.
- You are very experienced in your favorite programming language, have strong experience with Apple platforms in Swift or Objective-C, as well as some experience with SQL and backend development.
- You ask questions when you’re stuck on something.
- You don’t mind cat puns/bad cat jokes.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Bonus points for experience with contributing to or managing open source projects.
- Bonus points for experience building SDKs, frameworks or CI.
In the first month, you’ll:
- Learn about our customers, our SDK, the in-app subscription ecosystem, the problems RevenueCat helps solve, and how our SDKs fit into that
- Open your first pull request and deploy changes to be used by 30,000+ apps
- Onboard into our codebase by working on your very first project and shipping it 😺
- Learn how we maintain as much transparency as possible with our work in GitHub
- Begin reviewing code and add to our engineering culture
Within the first 3 months, you’ll:
- Have enough experience in our codebase to confidently debug and investigate bug reports from our GitHub repos
- Make improvements to how we test, review, and ship code to improve quality
- Have worked in our iOS and Android SDKs and have done some work in the hybrid SDKs
Within the first 6 months, you’ll:
- Be the most knowledgeable person on several key features
- Have your own initiatives for improving the code base and our infrastructure
- Take turns with the other engineers in our team to lead the development of a feature 🙀
- Have a firm grasp of how all of our different SDKs work
- Have a firm grasp of how our infrastructure and automation works
Within the first 12 months, you’ll:
- Know more about mobile subscriptions than anyone ever should
- Use your knowledge to contribute ideas to RevenueCat’s suite of solutions
- Be able to spec, architect and build any feature we might want to build
- Have experience in all areas of technology stack related to SDKs and be the primary expert/owner of at least one area
- Help mentor and onboard new engineers, shaping the RevenueCat engineering culture as we continue to expand the team
- Help prioritize the roadmap to provide maximum value to developers, while pushing the team and technology forward
What we offer:
- $200,000 USD salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth