At Smartsheet, our mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change. We’re hiring a Senior Manager of UX Research to join our UX Research team. Researchers at Smartsheet come from a diverse range of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. We apply a wide range of research methodologies, HCD practices, and a deep understanding of our customers to create efficient, powerful, and intuitive user experiences. As a member of the UX team, you’ll shape the future of work.
You will report directly to our Senior Director of UX Research and can be located remotely in the US or in our Bellevue, WA office.
About UX Research And The Role
As a Senior Manager of UX Research you will lead a team of IC UX Researchers focused on our Core Experiences (Home, Navigation, Search, Creation) and Trial and onboarding experiences. These capabilities form the core of our product and there is a huge opportunity for impact.
You will be responsible for delivering business and customer outcomes by empowering your reports to excel at their research responsibilities and prioritize research for impact. This includes proactively identifying high impact research opportunities and doing prioritization and planning in close collaboration with Design and Product leadership.
You will not be just a manager of research activities and schedule. You will form strong partnerships with your Product, Design, and Engineering peers and present research at all levels of the organization, simplifying complex concepts and articulating pain points and tradeoffs clearly and concisely. Having a strong toolkit of strategies to drive alignment and buy in is essential. Gaining a deep understanding of our product experience and the complex business problems our customers are solving is also critical.
Providing mentorship beyond your immediate team is important. As a member of the UX leadership team, you will help grow and refine the team’s skillset, both with your reports and the team as a whole. You will model strategic thinking, growth mindset, and top notch presentation and storytelling skills.
- Lead, develop, and coach a team of IC researchers executing mixed-methods research at all stages of the product development process.
- Pro-actively form strong partnerships with leaders across the organization, driving alignment and understanding of customer needs and how they map to business goals and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to align on research needs and priorities across multiple work streams, translating strategy and objectives into research plans.
- Communicate actionable insights and recommendations to your partners that inform both strategic and tactical decisions.
- Manage your team’s ownership and work load with consideration to business priorities, team member skill sets, and career development opportunities.
- Work closely with other members of the UX leadership team to identify UX dependencies in order to drive cohesive end to end experience across product areas.
- Partner with internal customer facing teams to leverage subject matter expertise.
- Work with other leaders to build out Smartsheet’s research practice, infrastructure, and capabilities.
- 10+ years combined experience as a UX Researcher or UX Research Manager working on digital products.
- 3+ years experience as a Manager of UX Researchers.
- Proven track record of generating actionable insights leading to measurable business and customer outcomes.
- Experience applying a wide range of methodologies, including coming up with your own creative and scrappy solutions to research questions and needs.
- Proven ability to understand and apply insights to complex products and use cases.
- Ability to motivate and inspire people to do their best work and rally around a shared goal.
- Experience conducting complex research at scale to solve a wide range of business and customer problems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to present effectively to executive audiences.
- Experience successfully building and scaling research platforms, systems, or programs.
- Top notch partnership and collaboration capabilities, including a toolkit of strategies to drive alignment and clarity.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)