You are an emotionally intelligent, personable, and organized professional looking to apply your talents as part of a company with an engaged executive team and an amazing growth history.
You are energized by the idea of leading diverse, fast-moving, and challenging projects and supporting a range of clients while working to contribute to the success of the PMO and to help develop other members of the team. You are motivated to make an impact and value working as a member of a strong team with highly ambitious but attainable goals and standards.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our growing Program and Project Management team. The primary purpose of the Senior Project Management role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery of single or multiple projects of small to large size and complexity within scope, quality, time, and cost constraints to deliver business value. The Senior Project Manager may also assist more Program Managers on large programs and may mentor more junior team members on project management and professional skills.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities Include:
- Lead multiple small to large IT projects through all phases of the project lifecycle (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing)
- Oversee data center migrations and cloud strategies, leveraging industry best practices and innovative approaches.
- Analyze project scope of work to determine time frame, funding limitations, and appropriate lifecycle for delivering projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and lead efforts to establish a work plan for project activities, iterations, or phases
- Define and implement project communication plan, develop risk assessment and mitigation plans, identify and manage stakeholders as well as manage project documents
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives through directing and coordinating the activities of project personnel and managing project schedule and budget.
- Effectively manage the Profit and Loss (P&L) aspects of all assigned projects, closely monitoring project financials, including revenue, costs, and margins, to ensure projects meet or exceed established profitability targets.
- Prepare project status reports and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Follow Myriad360’s project management processes and methodologies to deliver successful, client-focused initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experiences:
The Senior Project Manager will ideally have the skills and experience listed below, but we take a holistic approach to talent matching and are open to a variety of backgrounds, particularly those that include providing exceptional customer service and support
- PMP certification required
- Understanding and experience with Layer 1 cabling and connectivity solutions
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive project management consulting experience, specifically in managing client-facing technical projects that include high-volume coordination and scheduling.
- Deep knowledge of project management methodologies (PMI, Prince II, etc.)
- Demonstrated success at managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead and motivate diverse project teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to utilize interpersonal or “people skills”
- Experience in employing a professional and diplomatic customer service approach during client/stakeholder conversations
- Understanding and experience with various data center technologies including structured cabling, device rack, stack and patching and troubleshooting solutions.
- Knowledge of data center and mission-critical environments relative to operations, access, and communications.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior team members on project management and professional skills
- Superior critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective at managing client narrative with an eye towards shaping activity and perception
- Deep knowledge of communication techniques, including adaptive management of uncertainty and risk
- Competence in delegation techniques, including providing clarity on 5W1H and outcome
- Desire to grow, and ability to take on increasing responsibilities
Desired skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree. Information technology systems or computer science degree is a plus.
- Mid-Large scale cloud migrations and experience with deploying hybrid cloud strategies.
- Understanding and/or knowledge of Firewall, Endpoint Security, Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Experience with project planning tools such as Smartsheet, Clarizen, etc.
- CISSP and/or CISM certs preferred
Travel: Up to 10%
A Little About Us
Our mission is to challenge and enable our employees to achieve great things.
We live and breathe our core values:
- We Before Me: We demonstrate empathy through our actions and solicit diverse voices and opinions. We put ourselves in each other’s shoes, readily admit our mistakes, and generously share our time and knowledge.
- Dare To Be Great: We are big-picture thinkers who focus on solutions to problems. We solicit and offer actionable feedback to others without hesitation. We embrace opportunities to improve ourselves, our teams, and our work. We aim to be the best of the best.
- Own It: We set clear expectations, communicate proactively, and follow through on our commitments. We take pride in the experiences we create and the outcomes we deliver. We are personally invested in the success of our team and our clients. We iterate to deliver ever better results.
We are consistently listed among Inc & Crain’s "Best Places to Work" and we’re proud of our accessible & engaged executive team. We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion and providing an environment that enables every employee to work to the best of their ability.
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Quarterly profit sharing for all employees
- Company-funded 401k contributions
- Subsidized individual & family health insurance plans
- Transparent, candid culture with 1:1 coaching, quarterly performance reviews, and a consistent feedback loop
- Quirky, diverse, respectful, high-performing coworkers you’ll want to achieve greatness with!
Myriad360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the NYC Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range in New York City for this position is $120,000 - $140,000, plus opportunities for profit-sharing bonus and/or commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.