Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
About the role
As our Senior HR manager, you will report directly to the Chief People Officer. Our EMEA employees are distributed largely remotely, across multiple countries, mainly in the UK but also in Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Estonia, Spain, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Cyprus, Turkey, and South Africa.
You’ll be accountable for leading on all people-related initiatives in the EMEA region, ensuring we deliver an exceptional employee experience through a blend of operational and strategic initiatives, including compensation, benefits, employee relations, reporting and analytics, and compliance.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as the main day-to-day contact for all EMEA staff in relation to all People matters.
- Advise, up-skill, and influence our senior leadership in the region in order to solve People related issues and evolving organisational needs.
- Management of change programmes to include organisational design.
- Management of Group Company pay review and promotions processes in the EMEA region.
- Develop, report on, and provide actionable insights and strategy across key People metrics, to help drive business decision making.
This list is not exhaustive; any other duties that may be required to undertake this role.
What we’re looking for
- Current, evidenced and relevant Human Resources experience across the EMEA region in a matrix organisation of a size no smaller than 500 headcount.
- Current SHRM designation or equivalent evidenced experience, showing continuous professional development.
- Has held the position of business partner/advisor to senior leadership and/or management in an organisation.
- Expert knowledge of benefits and insurance brokerage, administration, and application across a diverse group of employee requirements.
- Experience applying HR policies, fair labour laws, and employee relations protocols.
- A strategic thinker, but able to apply hands-on experience in order to resolve challenges and move things along.
- A passion for storytelling with data, along with an ability to decipher raw data directly and translate it into insights.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Critical thinker, including the ability to understand the “big picture” and trade-offs, able to negotiate and challenge effectively.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Previous experience of change management and internal communication strategies, with a high level of comfort in rapidly evolving environments.
A few nice-to-haves
- Experience delivering HR solutions to North America/APAC and/or other international locations would be highly beneficial.
- A second language other than English is desirable.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions would be beneficial.
Whilst this role is in the main remote working, a willingness to travel is appreciated to visit our offices when needed, eg celebration events, gatherings, quarterly meetings, etc.