If you’ve ever envisioned yourself at the forefront of AI and Web3 innovation, then Cere offers the perfect opportunity to transform that vision into reality.
Cere is a cutting-edge Web3 data infrastructure scale-up seeking someone who is not just looking for a job but wants to be challenged to accomplish great things in an exciting venture.
We seek an experienced Senior Golang Engineer who has designed, built, and operated high-throughput, highly resilient distributed data systems. This is a rare opportunity to work with a number of talented innovators on building a protocol that can change the data cloud landscape, e.g. decentralizing big data.
This core systems development position will challenge you to drive the design and development of significant system software components with a highly collaborative, test-driven, and rapid prototyping approach. In addition, you will definitely need to build upon your previous innovation and operational experience with highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, reliability, and performance guarantees.
About Cere Network
Since its launch in 2019, the Cere team has consistently anticipated the difficulties that the present systems would encounter, now highlighted by the swift advancements of AI and the accompanying surge in data. With companies using multiple vendors causing data fragmentation that complicates AI integration, Cere is presenting itself as an objective, open-source solution, with a clear vision: All data should be decentralized. Unequivocally.
Cere is backed by the world’s largest institutions and projects, including Binance Labs, Republic Labs, and Polygon. For more info, see: www.cere.network
At Cere, we’re not just hiring for roles; we’re seeking a specific blend of qualities.
We value those who excel in our fast-paced environment, embracing methodical, simulation-driven development and a first-principle thinking approach.
Our team members uphold high standards, discipline and a growth mindset that fuels ongoing learning and process refinement. Exceptional written communication is a must, as we rely on tools like Notion, Slack, and Wiki to ensure organized, transparent collaboration.
We prioritize autonomy and goal orientation, fostering a culture of accountability and transparency. Our ecosystem thrives on supportive, challenge-driven teamwork, a driving force behind Cere’s rapid innovation.
We’re drawn to individuals with character, high standards, and the ability to build and optimize efficient habits. A growth mindset and commitment to collective success underscore our team dynamics, as we aim to nurture a larger ecosystem of collaboration and progress.
- 5+ years of extensive programming experience with Golang.
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with concurrency, transactions and parallel execution.
- Experience with cryptography (encryption and signatures).
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with effective communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with distributed databases and/or storage systems.
- Database engine internals (storage): indexing, access methods, concurrency control, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup restore, and buffer management.
- Database engine internals (query processing): query compilation, optimization, execution, parallel execution.
- Distributed systems: consensus-based quorum replication, peering networks system implementation.
- Substrate-based blockchain API
- Crypto libraries for asymmetric encryption and signatures
A bit more about our Multinational, High-Performance (and primarily remote) Team
Join a highly talented multicultural team that is based all over the world, including Berlin, Amsterdam, San Francisco and Warsaw. As stated above, we make remote working possible by embracing our ethos, yet many teams also travel to meet in person every 1-2 months. We all want high degrees of autonomy and flexibility to make life and work fun, but transparency, accountability/ownership are the requisites.