Freemodel is seeking an experienced Go developer for our home renovation marketplace. You will be responsible for hands-on development of robust event-driven Apps using Go and AWS.
You will work closely with the co-founders, tech lead and lead product designer to deliver code across the platform and develop user-facing features, ensure technical feasibility of designs and optimize for correctness and maintainability. Every day you will solve exciting technical problems. We are looking for someone with senior level Go expertise (5+ years of go development) who is passionate about delivering business value, and comfortable developing and maintaining high-performance applications with modern software development best practices.
As a Go developer on the team, you’ll be responsible for translating user needs and business goals into our serverless Apps. Your day-to-day will involve:
- Deliver serverless Go apps
- Create infrastructure as code ensure reproducible deployments
- Collaborate with engineers and designers on product roadmap and architecture development plans
- Address escalations and important bugs
- Assist in the interview and selection process of engineering candidates as our team scales
- Actively contributing to a culture of extreme ownership, constant improvement, and engineering excellence
What you will bring:
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on customer and business value
- Production-level coding experience with Go
- Experience building long lived enterprise applications
- A passion for writing high quality, well-tested code (including experience with automated testing frameworks)
- Deep experience collaborating closely with UX and UI devs on feature definition and implementation
- Comfort with agile methodologies, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing
- Ability to actively participate in technical design and code reviews
- A deep appreciation for the elegance of simplicity
- Experience refactoring and optimizing existing software as part of your development lifecycle
- 5+ years of experience as an Go software engineer
- 4-5 years of experience in API development
- Knowledgeable in software architecture design, coding and debugging
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Ability to independently learn new technologies
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with event driven architectures a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full time employees including:
- 11 holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Equity options
- We also offer compelling healthcare benefits
- 401(k) plan with match.
- Hybrid work environment
We are a fast-paced, dynamic startup AND we encourage everyone to take the needed time to recharge.
The US total compensation range for this full-time position is $140,000 - $180,000 + equity Our ranges are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the approximate total target compensation for the position across the US. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including relevant skills, experience, and education/training. Please note that the compensation listed does not include benefits.