Mob Entertainment is a startup multimedia studio that is best known for our hit indie horror game "Poppy Playtime". Poppy Playtime is one of hottest new properties in gaming, and our team is naturally expanding as our ambition expands. To give a taste of our brand’s popularity, Poppy Playtime was the #2 most searched term on YouTube in the last 12 months in the U.S. (only behind a recent Disney film), and Poppy Playtime has over 5 billion views on TikTok.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Rapidly prototype new game ideas, features, and mechanics
- Develop characters, settings, rules and stories
- Manage programmers and artist within the rapid prototyping team
- Will be responsible for game design documents, programming features, and implementing them with the Unreal Engine
- Rapid Prototyping is essential to “finding the fun” moving forward
- Need for Senior to not only help multiplayer but to mentor the current team
- Design gameplay features, systems, and game mechanics
- Work on new game ideas, work with other game designers on improving/finalizing their ideas.
- Collaborate with writers to ensure narrative/story elements complement and support the game design.
- Identify, offer feedback/solutions, and iterate on existing game design shortcomings.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Transform high-level ideas into accurate, intelligible, and quantified specification.
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
- Identify solutions to expressed problems that won’t negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5+ years industry experience.
- Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making games.
- Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with C/C++ or Blueprint scripting language
- Must be able to be travel to our Game Studio in Saint Louis, MO on occasion
Mob Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]