About Big Huge Games
Originally operating as SecretNewCo, the company was founded in March of 2013 by a group of industry veterans (Civilization II, Rise of Nations, FrontierVille). Big Huge Games is dedicated to "Finding The Fun" through rapid prototyping and a focus on a great user experience. We’re a small, passionate team of experienced game development veterans, proudly located just north of Baltimore, MD.
Summary of Position
Big Huge Games is looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer for our hit mobile free-to-play title DomiNations and future projects. The team at Big Huge Games is heir to a rich tradition of quality game development stretching back more than two decades.
Our headquarters are in Timonium, MD. While we prefer MD-based candidates, with mutual agreement, we can accommodate a remote work environment for candidates from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin.
- Play and understand our games on a deep level
- Own large features and systems that contribute to the strategic vision for the game
- Work with other Designers and Product Managers to maintain game balance and pacing as we add new Ages & features
- Create detailed design specs for new gameplay features
- Work with a cross functional team to implement new gameplay features
- Mentor and guide junior designers
- Create, implement, and manage Events and Sales within the game
- Provide feedback on upcoming features and releases
- Become a sponge for ideas and feedback from players, as well as from the rest of the team
- 5+ years of experience, with experience in free-to-play games
- A background in systems design, particularly with the iterative game development process
- In-depth understanding of the levers of live game economies, with emphasis on “combat city builder” genres
- The ability to work in a game engine and script/code
- Track record of success working in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in both individual and team settings
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Big Huge Games is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.