Cloudbeds provides the platform that powers hospitality, driving streamlined operations, increasing reservations and revenue, and enabling memorable guest experiences for lodging businesses of all sizes and types. Named the No. 1 PMS and No. 1 Hotel Management System by Hotel Tech Report in 2022, Cloudbeds is trusted by properties across the globe for its award-winning front desk, revenue, distribution, guest acquisition and guest engagement solutions seamlessly combined in a single unified system.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 700+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we’ve believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with shared core values that allow our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people around the world;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning, and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
Together we’re on a mission to power every property in the world, and to do that, we need to find the best talent in the world. That’s why we’re on the search for a superstar Senior Full Stack Engineer.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will build and implement end-to-end features and functionality that allow our lodging customers to optimize their revenue. Some of these features will make use of simple heuristic data while others may involve some algorithmic or machine learning components. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to identify areas of improvement and develop solutions to drive revenue growth for our customers. You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of our revenue management application.
This role is responsible for taking our current revenue management product to the next level. If you are only interested in machine learning algorithms, then this position is probably not for you.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the end-to-end solution for CloudBeds’ Revenue Management System. You will work closely with our data and product teams to create and consume AI models created in Python, PHP, Java, or other relevant languages, and expose them via API Frameworks such as Django, Flask, FastAPI, or SpringBoot. Additionally, you will be responsible for writing front-end code to display these results, preferably using React.
Location: Remote - Europe time zone
What You Will Do:
- Participate as a member of an agile engineering team, contributing (following best practices) to our application codebase on a daily basis.
- Support and mentor more junior Engineers, in growing their knowledge and skill-sets.
- Implement features and improvements in PHP, plus have a strong desire to expand their knowledge to encompass a Java tech stack.
- Develop in the existing PHP monolith, and develop microservices architecture in PHP and Java.
- Engage in discussions on complex technical concepts and requirements
- with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Write clean, well-tested, well-documented, and elegant code.
- Support a team environment where skill, knowledge and capability are fostered and highly valued.
- Drive the optimization and flexibility of our software engineering process, ensuring we get the best outcome possible from TDD, CI/CD, DDD and Agile approaches.
- Drive progress in planning, prioritizing, and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Assist in researching new technologies to ensure best fit, quality and outcome.
- Collaborate effectively on technical design, with peers on complex features.
You’ll Succeed With:
- 5+ years of experience as a full-stack engineer, preferably in a product development environment
- 5+ years of PHP web application software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience working with MySQL. Tuning and optimization skills are preferred.
- 5+ years with front end frameworks (Vue, React)
- Experience within an organization that focused on high availability, scalability, security, automation and observability.
- Experience of modern infrastructure tooling (e.g. DataDog, GitHub, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS).
- Solid understanding of secure software engineering concerns.
- A strong business sense and ability to collaborate with leadership and non-technical stakeholders on highly visible projects.
- Dedication towards observability by leveraging metrics, experiments, and prototypes to ensure decisions are data-driven.
- Strong knowledge and a passion for software engineering best practices, design patterns, and automated testing.
- Strong teamwork and time management skills.
- Passionate about agile practices and continuous improvement.
- Business-level English fluency required (verbal and written skills)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in building Revenue Management Systems
- Experience working with a remote-first and globally-distributed team
- Experience of engineering software for large scale solutions, utilizing modern tooling to get you there.
- Experience of designing and developing event-driven microservices in PHP and/or Java.
- Travel industry experience is a plus but definitely not required.
- Experience in the Payments domain is a plus but definitely not required.
- Experience with large scale Domain Driven Design would be great but definitely not necessary.