First Help Financial (FHF) is a fast growing and culturally diverse company in the U.S. We provide auto loans to the underserved and care for our customers and partners with exceptional service. Through flexible financing options and tri-lingual support, we offer consumers an easier way to finance their first car. We lend to and support our portfolio which has consistently grown 30-40% each year over the last six years.
Here you will find hard-working colleagues that come from over 20 countries. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of professionalism but also enjoy our work. Our culture and benefits are geared towards making you successful in life and comfortable at work.
Your Title: Senior Frontend Engineer
Your Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm EST
Your Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
You Report To: Engineering Manager
Compensation: Base salary starting at $140K plus bonus!
About the Opportunity:
First Help Financial, recently voted as a "Great Place to Work" for the third year in a row is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to join our highly skilled and innovative team. First Help Financial is embarking on a new growth phase involving multiple game-changing projects. To fuel such innovation, we are seeking a full-time, permanent senior full-stack engineer to lead important technology and security projects that impact the entire enterprise as well as its clientele. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of React, NodeJS, CICD, REST, and a background in Computer Science. The candidate should be customer obsessed, love to help others and be able to mentor juniors. The candidate should also be able to handle a distributed team.
- Design, develop, and maintain responsive front-end web applications using React, Redux, NodeJS
- As a senior engineer, be a self-starter with strong work ethic and lead frontend design and implementation
- Collaborate with product team to identify design components for implementation and communicate effectively
- Work in an agile test-driven environment as a part of a distributed development team
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, easily maintainable, and scalable under sustained load
- Provide technical mentorship to junior engineers and participate in design / code reviews
- Identify and provide strategic recommendations to improve tooling and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in React and Redux
- 2+ years of experience with NodeJS and REST
- Familiarity with TypeScript, CICD
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- You are customer-focused, react well to changes, and able to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and practices
- Able to work effectively under schedule pressure to fix bugs, review code, design, write, test new code, and diagnose production issues
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working as a Full-time employee
- Great Perks – We offer generous salaries, competitive health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, LTD/STD, Identity theft, paid parental leave and much more), paid vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, social activities, monthly lunches, a robust employee recognition and talent development program to enhance your career with us.
- Culture - We are believers in maintaining a healthy work-life balance. While we work hard and care deeply about our customers and partners, we want you to have room for your family, friends, and yourself.
- Growth - Company growth provides unprecedented career growth. FHF’s extraordinary year over year growth in revenue and new markets provides opportunity for you to establish and develop your career growth. We engage each employee to build a career plan that benefits everyone, and we have a proven record of investing in you.