A Friendly Note to Our Future Teammate:
If you see yourself in the latter description, you’ve landed in the right spot!
Welcome to GigSalad’s Next Chapter!
Since 2007, our mission has been to make it easy for event planners and specialty talent to connect and create memorable moments together.
GigSalad has helped millions of people from all walks of life hire musicians, magicians, clowns, bartenders, and a wide variety of talent for anything from corporate events to weddings, birthdays and holidays, or anyone’s just-because party.
After a multi-month engagement with an award-winning branding agency, we’re prepared to turn the page and start the next chapter of GigSalad. We are excited to implement our refreshed look and feel, one that better represents the excitement and passion behind every planner’s event. We want you to be a part of this process!
GigSalad by the Numbers
- Available in the U.S. and Canada
- Listed in over 8,000 cities
- Over 400,000 event planners in the last 12 months
- 89,000 active entertainers and event service providers on our platform
- 4 million events serviced on GigSalad
As an instrumental part of the company, you’ll collaborate closely with engineering, product, and design, communicating via Slack and video chat. In return, you’ll have the opportunity to work remotely on an exciting marketplace with a team that is passionate about growing sustainably.
As a pivotal part of the rebrand, you will guide the implementation of our design system from Figma to the browser, taking advantage of reusable Laravel components, and streamlining our front-end code.
Join us in creating an even more intuitive and enjoyable marketplace, working with a team who is passionate about design, technology, and meaningful collaboration. We look forward to having you with us!
- Collaborate with our Developers and Product Designer to ensure that branding, design vision, and UX best practices are properly translated across different browsers, devices, and situations
- Craft a library of modular, flexible UI components in Laravel
- Translate new designs and features into beautifully executed code
- Test, diagnose, and repair front-end issues and bugs
- Optimize front-end performance for WPO and SEO
- 6+ years of front-end/UI development experience
- Expert-level application of semantic HTML and modern CSS
- Experience with Laravel or other server-side web application frameworks
- Experience with Tailwind or other utility-based CSS frameworks.
- Experience with component-driven development
- Working knowledge of creative design tools such as Figma
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to work effectively in a cross-functional team that includes product, design, and engineering.
- Examples of projects that demonstrate your approach
- Experience with Laravel component libraries like Filament, Blade UI Kit, Razor UI, etc.
- A strong focus on accessibility
- Competence in defending implementation decisions and pushing back when necessary
- A strong passion for user-centered design
What We Offer You
- A competitive salary
- A matching 401k
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- $1,500 annually in educational reimbursement (books, conferences, programs, etc.)
- A fitness reimbursement program
- A startup atmosphere with the stability of an established, profitable company
- A remote job structure that respects your work/life balance
A Little More About GigSalad
Founded in 2007, GigSalad is an entertainment marketplace serving the United States and Canada. Our company has offices in Wilmington, NC, and Springfield, MO but is entirely remote-friendly. GigSalad is no longer a budding startup but feels like one (one exception: we’re profitable!). We take what we do seriously and have fun doing it. And we’re passionate about what we do: providing a safe, accessible platform for event planners to hire talent and services for events.