Join a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
The National Commercial Services (NCS) division is building out a best of breed application that will set the business apart for its competitors. The Senior Front-End Developer will participate in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for a web application that will serve our customers and employees. In this role, the developer will be responsible for contributing and delivering quality software while collaborating and supporting the team. You will work with business and technical staff to understand requirements and problems and develop specifications to resolve them.
What You’ll Do
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, and implements software code for website applications.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website.
- Responsible for interface implementation. Integrates web applications with application tier or with backend databases.
- Write clean, efficient, performant and secure code to build web applications
- Provide input on app architecture
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work on a cross functional collaborative team
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Strong front end development experience ideally with single-page applications
- Experience with 2 or more of the following frameworks & libraries, DevOps, and programming languages including, but not limited to React, Redux, Thunk/Saga, Immutable, VueJS, NodeJS Docker, AWS, Glamorous, Ruby is a nice to have.
- Experience using TypeScript is a strong plus
- Previous experience collaborating in a quality-focused environment where testing and reviewing is a part of the everyday process
- Strong experience with semantic HTML and familiarity with web accessibility best practices
- Familiar with various approaches to styling - from plain CSS to CSS-in-JS, and methodologies for organizing CSS
- You are familiar and are comfortable using design tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Zeplin, Figma, Principle, Framer or similar is helpful
- Experience with modern UI/UX design principles is a strong plus
- Experience with modern backend technologies and API design/best practices is nice to have
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker and Kubernetes) is a bonus
- Experience with deploying into and managing cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.) is a bonus
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams is a plus
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours. This is a fully remote role.
- Strong hands-on experience using Git is required
- Quick starter within your area of expertise and steps up to challenges outside of it
- Thrives on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- Welcomes feedback and sees it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- Always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team to work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Pay Range: $80,000 – $135,300 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.