Senior Digital Strategists run Middle Seat’s largest email programs for progressive candidates, political committees, and nonprofits. As an experienced emailer, this job is an opportunity to work on some of the most notable fundraising and advocacy programs in our space. You will take the lead on strategy and execution with some of our most important clients.
This role is part of the bargaining unit.
- Write compelling emails asking supporters to donate to our clients
- Work with clients to get emails edited, approved, and scheduled
- Code, produce, target and test mass email communications
- Use multiple different CRMs to run email programs (ActionKit, Action Network, NationBuilder, MailChimp, etc.)
- Analyze metrics and report back to clients on performance, best practices, test results
- Present detailed monthly reports to clients
- Serve as a day-to-day contact with clients.
- Take part in brainstorms, team meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Develop monthly content calendars and goals for clients
- A/B test everything you do
- Produce ActBlue fundraising pages and tests
- Write copy for landing pages
- Contribute to new client pitches
- Supervise junior staff as needed
- Run training sessions
- Give feedback on programming and drafts
- Project management
- Lead on setting up new client accounts
- Work with our product team to develop landing pages and templates
- Setup CRMs
- 3+ years of relevant experience in email fundraising (or similar)
- Mastery of 3+ common CRMs or fundraising platforms (ActionKit, ActBlue, ActionNetwork, NationBuilder, etc.)
- Mastery of email writing for fundraising
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS as needed to run major email programs
- Able to manage large clients unassisted
- Creative writing chops
- Enthusiasm for data and testing fundraising content
- A desire to play a role in fundraising for major political campaigns, nonprofits, and causes
- Attention to detail
- Salary starts between $72,000 and $90,000
- Profit sharing plan: share in the growth and success of Middle Seat
- $50 mobile phone subsidy monthly
- 100% premium coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Zero deductible health plan
- Wellness benefits, which include free memberships to One Medical, Health Advocate, and Talkspace
- $100 monthly student loan reimbursement
- $350 monthly mental health reimbursement
- $1,000 annually towards professional development
- 6% employer match on your 401k retirement account
- 20 paid vacation days off, plus your birthday, plus your birthday and work anniversary off
- Unlimited sick leave
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents and a discount on services from Kindbody
If you are interested in this position, submit your application using the application form. Please refrain from emailing your application directly to members of the team. Any applications that are not received using the application form may not be considered.
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.