Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in more than 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 400 people is located in more than 50 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
We’re about to embark on the journey of building our next-generation platform, and we need an incredible DevOps engineer to help us on that journey. You will work on internal products that support the full product life-cycle - from ideation through to operational delivery and beyond. The best talent is everywhere, and our product creates a future where anyone, anywhere on the planet will have the same access to opportunities.
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Platform team. Our Platform team has a very broad scope - building technical primitives to enable the rest of engineering to move quickly and “making the easy thing the right thing”. An expert in AWS, the DevOps Engineer’s role is to bring their expertise into all the software we build, lead the development of infrastructure specific tools, and be a subject matter expert on production support and incident response. They will also be a key point of contact with our internal Security & IT teams to collaborate on “shifting left” with security.
We are solving an incredibly complex problem
You will put to work your knowledge of AWS, DevOps practices, and production operations in our Platform team as we build tools and software to support the rest of engineering. You will:
- Establish standard infrastructure patterns in AWS, and provide tools to enable teams to easily adopt them
- Participating actively during technical decisions and discussions to support our continuous improvement for impact and velocity
- Contribute to the development of scalable and reliable platforms
- Analyze and optimize system performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement new features
- Be a subject matter expert in AWS, Terraform, and our infrastructure
- You have worked in a startup environment.
- You have experience with AWS, ideally in an environment with heavy use of Lambda
- Professional experience with Terraform, and fully IaC managed infrastructure
- You have supported web applications in production, and are familiar with DevOps practices in incident response
- Have some experience in at least one (preferably more) of these areas:
- Infrastructure & data security
- Developer tooling / Developer experience (eg, CI/CD, test environments)
- Postgres and DynamoDB
- AWS ECS, Fargate, or other containerisation technology
You are the sort of person that...
- Has a passion for quality and observability, an ability to understand complex systems and a desire to constantly make things better
- Is passionate not just about working remotely, but evangelizing a new paradigm between employers and employees that decouples geographic location from economic opportunity — improving quality of life for people everywhere.
- Has the ability to self-start and you embrace a growth mindset
- Invests in the growth of your team and are eager to share knowledge and mentor others
- Is pro-active, result-driven, and excited to work in a fast-growing tech scale-up
What's in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you'll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: We have a flexible leave policy - you may take as much holiday as you like, so long as it is agreed with your manager. As a guidance, we expect people to take at least 33 days per year, including public holidays (or your region's minimum, if greater).
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: We are fully remote, allowing you to work from wherever you live in a flexible manner.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months by their due date, we offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver, followed by statutory for your region. Secondary caregivers that have been with us for 12 months are entitled to 8 weeks fully paid parental leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. We will provide you with the home office equipment you need to enable you to work effectively wherever you are, including covering internet costs.
- Education: We believe in helping you maximise your potential to deliver maximum impact. Get access to books, courses, mentors and learning plans to help you be your best and do your best!
- Additional benefits: we offer additional benefits that vary from region to region, such as medical, life insurance, pension/retirement funds and more - please ask your Talent Partner when you speak with us!