We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us scale our infrastructure and processes to ensure our customers' continued delight with 1Password. You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our infrastructure and applications in a cloud environment. You will work closely with the development and security teams to ensure that our software is secure, reliable, and scalable. Above all, you take a customer first approach when it comes to solving infrastructure problems.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the United States.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in DevOps or related field.
- 7+ years of experience working in cloud platforms with an emphasis on AWS.
- Experience working with containerization in Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components such as TCP/IP, DNS, load balancers, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Demonstrable experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports and creating tools (ie, Golang, Rust, Python).
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code, configuration management and continuous delivery and integration tools (ie, Terraform, Ansible, GitLab CI/CD, Flux).
- Proactive approach to identifying problems, performance bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
What you can expect:
- Design and deploy scalable and reliable infrastructure on AWS.
- Implement and maintain Kubernetes clusters and containers using Helm and Docker.
- Develop and maintain custom software applications written in Go, Rust or Python to support workflow automation.
- Configure and maintain networking components such as load balancers, firewalls, and VPNs to ensure secure and reliable communication between systems.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to ensure that our software is deployed and operated in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Drive observability best practices when setting up monitoring and alerting on SLOs.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide escalation level troubleshooting and timely resolution of system, network and infrastructure issues.
Bonus points for:
- Certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect or CNCF Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA).
- Experience with databases and/or document stores such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of message queuing technologies such as Amazon SQS and SNS, Redis, or Kafka.
- Experience with unit and integration testing of infrastructure as code.
- Experience developing within a microservice architecture.
Even if you don't tick all those boxes, we want to hear from you. We understand that everyone's experiences are unique.
The most important thing you can bring to this job is the drive to dive in, get the work done, and fix root causes instead of treating symptoms. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $146,000USD and $198,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly