PayNearMe develops award-winning technology to facilitate the end-to-end customer payment experience, making it easy for businesses to manage and accept payments. The company enables more ways to pay by offering all major payment types and channels in a single platform. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
We are a diverse and collaborative company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe has over 200 employees, closed a $45M Series D round in June 2023, and is processing over $1B in payments monthly. We’re headquartered in Silicon Valley with our employees distributed all across the US. Help us reimagine payments!
We’re looking to add a dynamic Senior DataOps Engineer to our PayNearMe team. This position will report to the DataOps Engineering Manager.
About our Stack:
- Cloud Provider: AWS
- Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Extract/Load: Fivetran
- Transform: dbt
- Data Warehouse: Snowflake
- BI Visualization: Looker
- Code versioning: Gitlab
- Preferred languages: SQL and Python
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
- Monitoring: RDS Performance Insights, CloudWatch and Datadog
As a Senior DataOps Engineer, you will focus on the design, implementation, monitoring, and optimization of our SQL databases. You will use IAC to automate deployments of our database components. You will partner with engineering teams to develop database design best practices and provide guidance on implementing these best practices across a variety of applications.
What you’ll do:
We are building out a DataOps Team to design and implement our next generation data architecture including AWS, Aurora MySQL, Aurora PostgreSQL, and Snowflake.
Your focus would be to:
- Partner with engineering development teams to design optimized data models, schemas, and perform code walk-through to ensure optimal code goes to production.
- Tune SQL performance regarding applications, storage and network.
- Architect processes for data quality, data governance, MDM, metadata creation and management, testing, on-going monitoring, and performance.
- Build and maintain Data Platform Infrastructure for internal as well as external data consumers.
- Analyze current systems and design databases to support our business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.
- Establish data models, modeling naming standards, abbreviations, guidelines, and best practices.
- Translate logical data models into physical optimized highly available database structures including partitioning or replication for mission critical applications.
- Monitor and manage data service costs; implementing cost effective solutions.
- Develop and document database architectures.
At least 5 years of cloud database design & implementation experience including:
- Proficiency with SQL database solutions including Aurora PostgreSQL, Aurora MySQL, and Snowflake
- Proficiency with SQL and writing performant queries; we use MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SnowSQL
- Proficiency with database IAC frameworks; we use Terraform
- Expert at relational database design and data modeling techniques
- Expert at data security and data governance techniques
- Expert at monitoring database systems and researching incidents to find a solution; we use AWS services such as RDS Performance Insights and CloudWatch as well as Datadog
- AWS Certification preferred
- Highly collaborative team player with team leadership skills
- Strong programming experience, preferably in Python, or other object oriented language
- Build highly reliable systems
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Location: Flexible/Remote (within the US)