Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to design and engineer government systems that connect Veterans with services, bring affordable health care to millions of people, and support important programs like Head Start. And as we work to make critical government services intuitive, accessible, and human-centered, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology. If you thrive on change, want to help close the gap between consumer expectations and government services, and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us.
What matters most
Ad Hoc operates according to our commitment to inclusivity, acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We believe in missions larger than our individual selves and leave our egos at the door, learn from our mistakes, and iterate in order to better serve the people in our country. We prioritize building teams that represent the diversity of the people our government serves. We love the challenge of government-size projects. We want to bring skills to federal agencies, help them better meet the needs of their users, and close the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide distributed team since the beginning. Being remote by design allows Ad Hoc to be thoughtful and intentional about creating diverse teams and supporting them with a work environment that fits their lives. With a generous PTO policy and Slack channels for every interest (from bird watching to space nerds to parenting), our culture embraces the things happening in your life. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s embraced.
Senior Data Analysts lead the delivery of data analytics and analytics strategy for a program. They are responsible for determining best practices and developing better insights and recommendations for our clients and/or product teams. They perform advanced business analysis with the help of several techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, and data mining. They extract and analyze information from large structured or unstructured datasets, working closely with stakeholders to provide a relevant analytics plan. This may include components of data analytics, data visualization, or data science. They often solve complex data projects and handle special analytical projects as needed
The Senior Data Analyst plays a strategic data role, which exerts influence on the long-range analytics goals of the client and program, and where applicable, to other programs within a business unit. They work closely with internal and/or external stakeholders to identify analytical demands. They also work with large sets of data and establish scalable and accurate analytics systems across several applications where applicable.
Senior Data Analysts are seen as the “go-to person” for data analytics expertise and some components of data science in their program and business unit. Senior Data Analysts also oversee the activities of other data analysts including providing mentoring on skills and techniques.
What you’ll do
- Work with Product Managers, Researchers, and other team members to identify relevant quantitative metrics related to key product outcomes
- Map KPIs back into the available data
- Create Custom views, KPIs, and data models in a data warehouse and/or business intelligence tool from raw data to support reports and dashboards
- Write clear and easy-to-understand documentation about how metrics are calculated to make logic transparent to data product customers
- Ensure methodologies are consistent across data products
- Help facilitate trainings, workshops, or coaching sessions on best practices in metrics measurement
- Understand stakeholder needs for registries and the data they contain through discovery and interviews.
- Develop a definition for Registries, and recommendations for registries future states.
- Develop a unified Data Dictionary to standardize data definitions across VA registries.
- Refine research findings and insights into actionable product and feature requirements and artifacts that support registry future state and eligibility streamlining.
What You'll Bring
- SQL experience (preferably experience with Redshift)
- Data Modeling experience
- Data warehouse experience
- BI tool experience (especially Tableau)
- Technically-oriented analyst experience
- Demonstrates experience in gathering information from end users and project stakeholders, identifying (and validating existing) requirements, and translating these into relevant data analysis and reporting
- Mentor and coach other data analyst on skills and development
- 4 years of previous or relevant experience REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related fields is preferred.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- Company-subsidized health, dental, life, and vision insurance.
- Use what you need vacation policy.
- 401K with employer match.
- Paid parental leave after one year.