Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms.
Ginkgo Bioworks is a publicly traded (NYSE: $DNA), high-growth biotechnology company based in Boston’s Seaport District, that is redesigning the living world to solve some of the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, material, and more. Our mission to “make biology easier to engineer” is poised to disrupt multiple industries by leveraging our innovative data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering.
Ginkgo believes that if we are to grow a thriving, sustainable bioeconomy, we must also grow a new market in biosecurity. Our biosecurity and public health initiative, Concentric by Ginkgo, launched a nationwide emergency response to the COVID-19 pandemic, providing end-to-end pathogen monitoring services to schools, communities, and travelers. As we continue to scale Concentric, our work is also evolving into new and exciting directions, from global expansion to the integration of new technologies and capabilities, including our Traveler-Based Genomic Surveillance Plan with the CDC.
Concentric by Ginkgo’s biosecurity vision is to make the modern tools of biology accessible to all communities so that they are empowered to protect themselves and live their lives to the fullest. We are seeking a Product Designer for Digital Experiences that will translate biotechnology and bioinformatics into delightful and actionable experiences for public health organizations, communities, businesses, and individuals.
We are looking for someone on our Design team who can provide content strategy, knowledge management, and communications support for key initiatives across our Product and Marketing teams. We strive to ensure an excellent user experience for customers and potential customers across multiple channels (customer portal, email, website, etc.). The individual in this role will spend about 80% of their time creating content for product launches and the remaining 20% of their time on creating marketing content for growth initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent storyteller with experience in making complex content easy to understand. You collaborate well with visual designers, UX designers, product managers, and marketers on strategizing, planning, and creating content that’s engaging for consumers. You enjoy contributing and maintaining content across multiple user touchpoints. Project management, attention to detail, creativity, and the ability to balance multiple projects with tight deadlines are some of your best strengths.
Please note: This is a remote role; however, travel to our Boston office or other designated locations will be required at least once per quarter.
- Design and execute content strategy based on business objectives and customer needs
- Write about complex topics in a simple, yet engaging manner across a variety of digital and print assets, including but not limited to: customer portal, webpages (with support of a dedicated dev team), data visualizations, instructions, SOPs, one-pagers, emails, newsletters, brochures, banners
- Manage content development, ensuring content is timely, relevant, accurate, and appropriate to brand requirements
- Inform site mapping/content hierarchy for the customer portal and marketing website
- Update and manage Concentric’s asset library and style guide, and help monitor the correct usage of assets & brand components; create and manage editorial guidelines for copy
- Maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) for external facing SOPs and create the supporting training materials and documentation
- Perform content audits to assess how well existing content is performing, and conduct content gap analyses to determine what type of content is needed
- Work with the team to create, edit and optimize new/existing content to improve engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years in copywriting and content strategy roles and a portfolio of work exemplifying your experience
- Ability to make complex messages simple and compelling
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and strategic or tactical pivots; adaptable to constantly evolving priorities
- High level of efficiency, strong attention to detail, and ability to ask the right questions
- Self-motivated and strong organizational skills; able to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project deadlines
- Creative minded with an ability to conceive ideas for new content
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
Preferred Capabilities and Experience
- Familiarity with website, email marketing, and customer support platforms (Wordpress, Hubspot, Zendesk)
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Strong enthusiasm for public/community health and/or science