Main stack: Node.JS, TypeScript, Vue.js
We at n8n are building the most powerful, flexible, and open workflow automation platform for technical people out there. We launched n8n at the end of 2019 as a Source Code Available product and things have grown exponentially since then.
📈 10k people try us out for the first time each month
⭐️ With 34k stars, we are in the top 500 of the 238m projects on GitHub
🧑🤝🧑 We have a passionate and engaged community
🌱 We were Sequoia’s first seed investment in Germany and raised $12m Series A round in 2021, led by Felicis Ventures
We’re looking for a user-centered and product-minded Senior Backend Engineer. You will be joining the Payday team which is currently focusing on building and improving n8n for our largest users. Besides working on things like scalability and robustness, you can take a look at our pricing page to check out what types of features are included in our enterprise version of n8n: https://n8n.io/pricing/
As a Senior Backend Engineer in the Payday team at n8n, you will
- Build, improve, and maintain the experience for the largest customers and users of n8n
- Support the test-driven development of the software stack (e.g. code reviews, unit tests, CI) and documentation
- Collaborate closely with the whole engineering team and work across functions with product managers, designers, developer advocates, as well as the founder and senior management to contribute to the company’s continued growth.
- At least 5+ years experience with Node.js and TypeScript, ideally working on deep tech products
- Experience with cloud computing - We’re using Azure, but are equally excited by folks with AWS or GCP background.
- Experience working with containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine, Cypress
- Relational database design and SQL programming skills (SQLite, PostgreSQL)
- Bonus points: experience in scalable on-premise apps, experience working with GraphQL or Electron
- Interest in open-source, low-code automation or node-based programming
- Career opportunities. We are looking to hire ’rising stars’, who can grow with the company into more senior roles. We give you €1k a year to spend on courses, books, events and coaching, to support you in developing your career
- 30 vacation days
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Transparency. We all know what everyone’s working on, how’s the company doing — the whole shebang
- A passionate team. We love our product. We have regular office hackathons to see who can build the coolest thing with it
- We’re big fans of open source, and you’ll get $100 per month to give to projects you care about
- Being fair is really important to us. Equity? Of course we give you equity
- This role can be done from anywhere within Europe. We can sponsor visas to Germany; for any other country, you need to have existing right to work. Our company language is English.
- n8n is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- , color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.