Join our team as a Senior Backend Engineer at Factor Eleven, a leading digital advertisement company. As a fully remote role based in Europe, you’ll have the flexibility to work from anywhere within the region.
Using cutting-edge technologies such as NodeJS with TypeScript, federated GraphQL, Docker, AWS, and Apache Kafka, you’ll contribute to expanding and optimizing our digital advertisement SaaS suite of applications. You’ll design microservices and other back-end components, integrate data storage and protection solutions, and collaborate with developers, product owners, and stakeholders on the design and integration of elements. You’ll also provide mentorship and technical supervision to team members.
Join our cross-functional team under a Product Owner and contribute to our multi-tenant SaaS product and ad-serving network. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in developing high-performance, scalable applications and implementing effective security protocols.
- Developing and maintaining microservices and back-end components
- Ensuring optimal performance of databases and responsiveness to front-end requests
- Collaborating with developers, product owners and stakeholders on the design and integration of elements
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support
- Documenting server-side processes, including database schemas, message events and sagas, as well as preparing reports
- Provide mentorship and technical supervision to team-members
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer or similar role
- Strong proficiency in NodeJS with TypeScript and familiarity with web stacks, libraries, and frameworks
- Experience with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Good knowledge of event-driven architecture, message buses, and/or pub/sub-systems
- Proven expertise in implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience in mentoring teammates in a respectful and educative manner
Factor Eleven’s tech department is the inhouse tech scale-up responsible for our SaaS product suite offering localized digital advertising to enterprises of all sizes and shapes. We’re powering the engine that Factor Eleven is successfully built upon and elevate the possibilities of our product on a daily basis. In 2022 we’ve scaled up, literally doubled in headcount and in 2023 we doubled again. We’re working together to fulfill our ambitions as a top ad-tech provider by continuously leveling up the quality and expanding capabilities of the entire platform, as well as our engineering and product organization.
Join our amazing team in our mission to move digital localized advertisement forward and enjoy the freedom, camaraderie and perks of our fully remote operations.
OUR PERKS & BENEFITS
- Transparent, above-market salaries
- 100% remote within Europe
- Flexible work-hours and part-time models
- Be part of a fast-growing, highly-skilled team
- In person department and company events
- Home office, co-working space and work-together allowance
- Personal and professional development courses from Udemy
- Case by case relocation and visa support
Please note that you need to be residing in and hold a work permit of a country in the European Union to be considered for this role.