Splash Sports brings people and communities together through the gamification of live sports and events. We nurture, foster, and inspire the competitive spirit that lives within us all - one season, one game, one play at a time. With a variety of sports categories and pool formats to choose from, our websites are the premier spots for hosting friendly competitions against friends and family. We’re a small, quickly growing, and remote-first team, looking for talented people who love sports and tech startups!
This is a full-time remote position working with other team members distributed across the US and in Prague.
About the Role
The Senior Analytics Engineer will play a key role at Splash Sports. This person will be able to work across the business leveraging our state-of-the-art data platform using modern technologies like Snowflake and DBT. The right candidate will balance unlocking business users’ ability to self-serve using delivered, well-defined data sets with digging in personally to offer deep insights into company performance.
- Collaborate with every part of the organization to collect business requirements, define successful analytics outcomes, and design data models. This includes training and supporting business users on how to use visualizations and tooling
- Provide clean, transformed data sets ready for analysis. Bonus Points for attribution modeling experience
- Offer deep insights on key areas of the business that relate to our data to our reality. Answering questions like: why did churn spike last month? What are our best acquisition channels?
- Quarterly and Monthly Forecasting
- Build critical dashboards and visualizations around the Insight provided
- Create and maintain architecture and systems documentation
- Collaborate with others in the Data Engineering team to own Event Pipeline and vital tooling around it (Segment, FullStory, Amplitude, etc.)
- Apply Software Engineering best practices to analytics code (version control, continuous testing, etc.)
- Utilize LLMs to innovate on internal processes and product-driven prototypes
- Mastery of SQL including the ability to understand and optimize complex queries
- Ability to communicate very clearly across all organizational levels
- Ability to create project plans to identify tasks, milestones, and deliverables and hit them
- Experience working to design, develop, and extend the Data Platform by using existing tools like Fivetran, DBT, Snowflake, and Metabase or by selecting new ones
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions using modern tools like DBT
- Experience designing, implementing, operating, and extending data pipelines (Fivetran, Stitch, Airflow, Dagster, Prefect, etc.)
- Experience with a data warehouse solution, preferably in a cloud environment (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience building reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool (Sigma, Looker, Tableau, Metabase, etc.)
- Experience in a production environment with Large Language Models and prompt engineering
Benefits & Compensation
As a Splash Sports team member, you’ll receive a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- A competitive annual salary range of $140-170k. This range may be modified and final compensation may vary based on work experience and skill level
- Potential to earn 0-1% equity in the company
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K/Retirement Plan options
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual company retreats & team offsites
- Frequent company-wide contests with cash prizes
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of the fast-growing sports gaming industry where you’ll help build products for millions of fans across the country!