Who are we?
We are Curri and our mission is to be the way the world delivers construction and industrial supplies. Curri provides on-demand, last-mile logistics for construction and adjacent industries with our nationwide fleet of cars, trucks, and flatbeds. Curri was founded in 2018 and was a part of the YC S19 Batch. Employees work out of our office in Ventura, CA, but the majority of our fast-growing start-up operates remotely, with over 100 employees spread across the United States. We’re solving a massive, global problem of inefficiency in the construction industry. We imagine a world of efficient construction sites resulting in a net win for the entire world. Find out more at curri.com.
Curri is seeking a Senior Accountant to become an integral member of the Finance team, reporting to the Controller. This position provides a unique opportunity to join a small finance team in a rapidly growing business. The Senior Finance Operations Associate will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day financial operations of the company. This includes processing accounts payable and receivable, maintaining financial records, preparing financial reports, work across departments (Sales, Ops, Customer Success) to resolve issues & improve processes. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience as well as experience with assisting in month end close & operating accounting software (Quickbooks, Netsuite etc).
What you will do:
- Be actively involved in the Procure-To-Pay & Order-To-Cash processes
- Maintain financial records and prepare financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements and other accounts for month-end close
- Work closely with other departments (Legal, Sales, Ops, Customer Success) to ensure business processes run smoothly & are continually enhanced
- Provide support to other members of the finance team
- Own and drive forward ad-hoc projects as needed
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years of experience in finance operations, with 1+year in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with accounting systems/ERPs & BI Tools (Metabase, Tableau)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accounting experience & familiarity with booking entries, accruals, prepaids etc
- Strong Excel abilities (pivot tables, sumifs, index match)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communicator who takes ownership of tasks
What is in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work for a dynamic and successful start-up on a diverse team where you can make a huge impact by doing meaningful work.
- Work in a remote environment with a flexible schedule. We don’t micromanage and want to help you do great work.
- There is no work/life—there is only life and want your time at Curri to be life-giving and foster the best version of you. We care about family and your own personal development and don’t expect you to be always engaged with work.
- We offer a competitive salary, and benefits including, but not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401K, and an equity compensation grant.