Do you understand that compliance and security are not the same? Do you love helping organizations understand their security risks? Are you passionate about building tailored security programs that prioritize the needs of a business above all else? Do you enjoy educating business leaders on the tradeoffs involved with security? If so, come work with us!
At Soteria (https://soteria.io/), we have the opportunity to work with a broad range of clients to help them identify and solve their security challenges. We do not simply use a checklist to generate an automated report. Rather, we work with our clients to understand their challenges, constraints, and security needs. We partner with them to develop their security programs in a way that is effective and sustainable. We do not believe in magic-box solutions and we enjoy the challenge of finding solutions that work for each client.
We are looking for passionate and driven security advisors to join our team. In this role, you will make an immediate impact on a growing team advising customers who need your expertise. You will build relationships with clients in North America, Europe, and Asia, helping them to balance tradeoffs to meet their business and security objectives. You will work with them to understand the needs of their organizations and develop plans to enable future success. You will also keep them informed of emerging trends in security and serve as a sounding board and trusted advisor for security questions and concerns to help build other aspects of their security program.
- Communicate with prospective and existing clients to understand their security needs and develop engagement plans to satisfy their requirements.
- Develop an understanding of the business requirements and other motivating factors for clients.
- Perform security assessments to help organizations understand where gaps exist within their security programs.
- Work closely with Customers and the Soteria team to develop plans of action for clients to ensure they achieve their desired outcomes.
- Document and present findings and recommendations to clients, including C-Suite and board-level executives, in a professional manner.
- Maintain relationships with clients post-assessment in order to assist and advise as they continue to build and improve their security.
- Maintain competence in security trends, technologies, and practices through self-study and attendance of industry events.
- Provide Soteria Finance with the data, reports, and project updates as required by clients, Soteria leadership, and business associates.
- Perform business development tasks from the initial call with a referral or repeat client, through the proposal stage, and finally, to contract execution.
Sampling of Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge and understanding of security and risk management frameworks such as NIST CSF, CIS, FAIR, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of common regulatory and compliance requirements such as HIPAA, PCI-DSS, CMMC, GDPR, etc.
- A passion for understanding diverse businesses and developing tailored solutions and plans to address business needs.
- An understanding of the cybersecurity vendor landscape and how tools and technologies can be leveraged to achieve desired outcomes.
- Customer-focused mindset with a strong desire to provide delightful customer experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-direct work, orient to action, and truly own the position in a quickly growing and changing environment
- Ability to translate strategic business objectives into operational initiatives and tactical actions
- Understanding of current information security challenges and solutions
- 3+ years of industry experience with an understanding of the cybersecurity space
- Prior experience in a cybersecurity consulting role
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, etc.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance covered 100% for Employee and 50% for family members.
- Fully funded HSA at single level
- Flexible work hours around core hours
- Paid time off of 24 days with an additional 10 paid holidays
- Professional development allowance
- 401K optional
Candidates must be legally authorized to work full time within the United States and able to pass a background check. Some candidates may require more extensive background checks based on the project. Soteria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Soteria does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.