We’re on a mission to transform the way people learn and collaborate around the world. For over 25 years, we’ve been empowering educators, innovators, and business leaders with our award-winning interactive displays and software solutions that transform learning and workspaces into connected, creative environments.
Our company is rooted in our values, igniting a culture that fosters collaboration and innovation, as well as promoting an inclusive environment. As a global leader in edtech, we are also passionate about four key areas where we can make a difference: growing access to technology for underserved communities, encouraging our employees to take an active role in improving our world, promoting diversity and inclusion, and reducing our carbon footprint. Discover more about our corporate social responsibility initiatives.
As a member of #TeamPromethean, you’ll have the opportunity to change lives with technology and directly impact education and the workplace for countless people every day. If you’re passionate about education, collaboration, and making a positive global impact, we want to hear from you. Join us on our mission to transform the world, one student, one teacher, and one community at a time.
As the Scrum Master/Agile Partner on the IT Business Enterprise Applications team, you will be an essential member of a Business/IT agile mindset team and will work with stakeholders across business units and IT to facilitate all scrum ceremonies (backlog refinement, sprint & release planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives) that span across enterprise systems. This role will reinforce and embed an agile approach and principles by demonstrating and promoting Promethean values and agile behaviors to evolve and sustain an innovated agile culture.
This role will need to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as scrum/agile experience to help mature agile practices at Promethean. This role will be focusing on performing and maturing agile practices within scrum teams that govern, administrate, enhance the capabilities/integrations of commercial applications – CRM, EDI, and ERP. This role will also build out and maintain agile metrics such as team velocity, burn down, cycle/lead time and adjust/administrate agile tools such as Jira at the Jira project level.
We are looking for an experienced scrum master who has helped build and matured agile practices involving CRM solutions (Salesforce), EDI/ERP systems in a multiple scrum team geographically distributed environment. This person who fills this role will be a self-starter, flexible, someone who has great communication, collaborating, and influencing skills in a changing fast-paced company where requirements and process needs are constantly evolving. Promethean is a global company, and you may need to be flexible in your work schedule to accommodate working with stakeholders and subject matter experts from different time zones.
As a Scrum Master, Business Systems you will...
- Own, facilitate and improve all scrum ceremonies (backlog refinement, sprint and release planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives);
- Learn new approaches to facilitation and implement agile best practices within ceremonies
- Guide the team to focus on delivery of high-quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence
- Build and administer the scrum team agile metrics dashboards (velocity monitoring and improving, burn down, lead/cycle time, etc) within Jira/agile tools
- Administer and configure the use of Agile tracking tools, Jira, at the project level for the scrum team(s)
- Collaborate, communicate and build strong trust and rapport with business stakeholders, program managers, business system analysts to plan sprints and releases
- Assist in gathering business requirements through initial discovery meetings with the business stakeholder accurately estimating the effort required to address those problems or change requests
- Collaborate with the business and technology teams, third party/other interfaces or partners to help define user story requirements and acceptance criteria
- Coordinate and plan meetings to gather user requirements, processes, and technical requirements as determined by technical teams
- Assist technical support and development teams in triaging customer issues, defects, enhancement requests and backlog items. Conduct necessary research and collaborate with teams to prioritize appropriately
- Support the prioritization, software development and delivery of user stories within the sprints for each program increment. Validate the user stories against acceptance criteria
- Assist with the investigation of problems and engage appropriate support teams (IT, Operational, Vendor) for resolution. Keep stakeholders aware of the status
- Represent the team regarding upgrades, releases, and UAT testing when required
- Bachelors degree in related technical field or at least 5 years working as a scrum master within an IT team supporting business enterprise applications (CRM/Salesforce, ERP, or Expense Management systems) that are shared with multiple business teams (Finance, Operations, Sales, and/or Logistics/Supply Chain)
- Must have experience working on a Salesforce platform scrum team. The scrum master needs to be well versed with the SFDC platform to coordinate associated agile roll outs and assist the technical teams
- Strong understanding and experience working with Scrum and Kanban teams. Must have experience configuring or administrating Jira at the project level to perform Agile duties
- Must have a balanced approach of using lightweight processes to ensure delivery of business features
- Experience building and guiding team efficiency through scrum team velocity and optimizing team capacity
- Experience with building, monitoring and using agile metrics to improve the practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as collaboration/influencing skills and running scrum teams in a geographically distributed environment
- Strong collaborator, able to bring together partners to elicit requirements and address challenging problems with a variety of stakeholders across the globe
- Must have the ability to build trust and grow existing and new business partners/integrators relationships
- Experienced and comfortable working in changing environments where people and technology changes are being implemented to address company growth or changing market conditions
- Able to convey complex/abstract ideas to target audience both verbally and visually
Base Range: $97,000 - $119,100 + Bonus Eligibility
Promethean provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that offers the flexibility and security to thrive both inside and outside of work.
Our benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Spending Accounts (FSA and HSA)
· Disability Programs
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with Matching
· Generous PTO and Holidays
· Parental Leave Programs with Child Care Subsidy
· Paid Volunteer Time Off
· Well-Being Programs (For example, company-wide health challenges)
· And more!
Promethean is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. In addition, Promethean values privacy and the protection of personal information.